Columbia County Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Recently, there was a submission to the database for Columbia County. I am currently holding that submission until further verification can be donw. It indicated the following info (See below) and I am looking to get feedback from other locals about the validity of this information.

I am not from the area, nor am I close enough to monitor. I passed through the area on Friday and Monday going to/from Lycoming County and could not confirm any changes to the existing channels. I got what sounded like routine police dispatch traffic on the main dispatch channel currently listed in the DB.

Anyone have any input?

Here is what was submitted:

Police Departments
155.5500 173.8 PL County Police Dispatch Ch. 1
156.0150 173.8 PL County Police Dispatch Ch. 2
154.0100 173.8 PL County Police Records Ch. 3

Fire Departments
154.2350 151.4 PL Fire Dispatch Ch. 1
155.5500 151.4 PL Fire Dispatch Ch. 2 (Coordination with Police)
154.2800 151.4 PL Fire Statewide Coordination

captclint

Mentor
Certainly not supported by anything I have confirmed, and not supported by FCC license. 155.550 shown twice is Bloomsburg PD and not fire or police dispatch. I don't know of a single case where FD had a PD coordination channel except for some local township TAC, and likewise a State Wide FD, I don't normally monitor Columbia, but I get it very well. I will try to see if anything has changed, but would be faster if someone from Columbia could comment.

Update: Bloom PD still using 155.55. As you said, PD still using 154.8900 for dispatch

Last edited:

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
I also get Columbia county very well so I will monitor these channels. I will ask a few friends in Columbia county and see if they can confirm or deny these changes.

TechTom

Columbia County and Montour County signed an agreement earlier this year to merge their individual 911 centers into one PSAP which will be located in Bloomsburg. Once merged it will become "East Central Region Consolidated Shared Services Emergency Network". They expect that merger to be complete sometime in 2016. I am not aware that 154.010, 154.325, or 154.280 is being used in either county. However, I'm also not privy to any planning for the merger that may involve those frequencies. 155.550 is still Bloomsburg PD and 156.0150 is still the county's fire dispatch channel as far as I know.

W7FDX

Premium Subscriber
I have heard about the merger and they are shooting for spring/summer 2016. Montour is staying on low band, at least for the next few years.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Based on the local input and my own brief monitoring, I am going to pass on the submission at this time. If things change later, somebody please chime in.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
It seemed suspicious when I looked at it and because of that I held off working it. Figure one of you out east would grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.