Peoria back to 460.050 signal output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddog

I have a Home Patrol Scanner that I periodically update. Peoria's new P25 System has left a void in the ability to monitor it correctly. Through some encouragement, Peoria is back to transmitting only, on the Prep 1 channel so public safety and others who are missing the traffic are back to being able to receive the radio traffic. It appears however, the update for the Home Patrol is still using the old 460.200 simulcast of the 460.050 Prep 1, and since 460.200 is not being rebroadcast, it is not receiving the Prep 1 traffic. Is it possible to have 460.050 put back in the the Radioreference download access?

Thanks,
Hal

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved as this is not a Community Announcement or News item. Please pay more attention to where you're posting next time.

Thanks.

cubn

Database Admin
I have a Home Patrol Scanner that I periodically update. Peoria's new P25 System has left a void in the ability to monitor it correctly. Through some encouragement, Peoria is back to transmitting only, on the Prep 1 channel so public safety and others who are missing the traffic are back to being able to receive the radio traffic. It appears however, the update for the Home Patrol is still using the old 460.200 simulcast of the 460.050 Prep 1, and since 460.200 is not being rebroadcast, it is not receiving the Prep 1 traffic. Is it possible to have 460.050 put back in the the Radioreference download access?

Thanks,
Hal
I changed 460.050 in the database from 'Deprecated' back to 'Law Dispatch'. This should make it re-appear back in the Home Patrol (though I don't know when Home Patrol gets it's updates from Radioreference).

jcook11

Feed Provider
Keep in mind the narrowband waiver expires soon. Once that happens 460.050 would be off the air again, unless they narrowband it. I doubt they would do that just so people can listen to it on a scanner, when they are providing the feed online in crystal clear clarity.

ddog

I am new to the posting here, but have been a fan forever. Sorry for posting in the wrong spot if I did.

I had personal conversation with the Peoria Comm Administrator, as did the ISP, and he made some very gracious efforts to put the 460.050 receive only back on line due to our department(s) and many other mutual aid agencies missing the Prep 1 traffic in our squads. I hope we are long term on the rebroadcast. We have Peoria Prep 1 in our Tazewell Squads, but have been unable to monitor issues just a river bridge away. Not just the monitoring public is likely more content with it back on line, but it is also very appreciated to have the deputies receiving the traffic again for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.