SDRplay now works with SDR#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatliner

An SDR# plugin has been released which works with SDR# 1413. Note that many plugins will not work so the result isn't much difference than having the SDRplay version of SDR# and possibly worse, but it is a little progress. Also SDR# crashes frequently.

SDRplay - Windows

Last edited:

Boatanchor

Do the SNR bar and IF/AF noise reduction features work on 1414?
They didn't in version 1412 (with SDRplay).

SCPD

QRT
They are most likely never going to work. It looks like (which they have all right to do) they will only work with select rtl-sdrs and the airspy. Does not work with my afedri and they natively support that sdr in the dropdown box.

Flatliner

Youseff Touil has deliberately shafted SDRplay. I would suggest that this SDR# licence be closely looked at, and a fork created. Whoever did the SDRsharper fork would be the ideal person to construct this. Is anyone in contact with him?

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
Youseff Touil has deliberately shafted SDRplay. I would suggest that this SDR# licence be closely looked at, and a fork created. Whoever did the SDRsharper fork would be the ideal person to construct this. Is anyone in contact with him?

Here is the copy of the license included with SDR#... Dont think it leaves any room for forks. Even if it did the backlash from the SDR# team would be a massive headache for the dev of a fork. Just look at what they do to folks who post "bootleg" aka: older versions of their software.

When SDRSharper came out a massive campaign was launched by SDR# to have copies of it removed from the net anywhere they could find it.

What they chose to do with their software is their business... Choosing where to invest our time and support for software is ours. Personally I'm more satisfied contributing (financially or intellectually) to software and developers that are more open to feedback and don't leave me feeling like a peasant in their "Kingdom".

SDRSHARP REFERENCE LICENSE

This license governs use of the accompanying software. If you use the software, you accept this license. If you do not accept the license, do not use the software.

1. Definitions

The terms "reproduce," "reproduction," and "distribution" have the same meaning here as under U.S. copyright law.
"You" means the licensee of the software, who is not engaged in designing, developing, or testing other software, that has the same or substantially the same features or functionality as the software.
"Your company" means the company you worked for when you downloaded the software.
"Reference use" means use of the software within your company as a reference, in read only form, for the sole purposes of debugging and maintaining your products. For clarity, "reference use" does NOT include (a) the right to use the software for purposes of designing, developing, or testing other software, that has the same or substantially the same features or functionality as the software, and (b) the right to distribute the software outside of your company.
"Licensed patents" means any Licensor patent claims which read directly on the software as distributed by the Licensor under this license.

2. Grant of Rights

(A) Copyright Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, the Licensor grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce the software for reference use.
(B) Patent Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, the Licensor grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free patent license under licensed patents for reference use.

3. Limitations

(A) No Trademark License- This license does not grant you any rights to use the Licensor's name, logo, or trademarks.
(B) If you begin patent litigation against the Licensor over patents that you think may apply to the software (including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit), your license to the software ends automatically.
(C) The software is licensed "as-is." You bear the risk of using it. The Licensor gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this license cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the Licensor excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.

Hi.

I found this on the comments section on rtl-sdr.com - RTL-SDR (RTL2832U) and software defined radio news and projects. Also featuring Airspy, HackRF, FCD and more.

Here is the link SDRSharper: A modified version of SDR# - rtl-sdr.com

longdipole

I was just informed about the ‘noise’ on this website concerning my personnel SDR sharp mods.

As said once before i do and did not have any intentions to steel something or even more, make profit out of it. I think SDRsharp is still an extremely nice piece of software (as is CuteSDR or SharpDSP, both being freeware and both of them with published source code!).
Unfortunately however I was missing things. One of the main issues in this was ExtIO support for my Perseus and other SDR hardware. I once asked the SDRsharp crew to add such, but got no response.

That time the SDRSharp crew was still publishing the source code and people were explicitly invited to learn from it and use it, and that was exactly what I did. After some studying I added my own personnel wishes to the software. Because that time the add-in function was not that flexible as it is nowadays I could only integrate it directly into SDRSharp itself.
The nicest result of this was that after some time, this led to renewed competition from SDRsharp because I noticed that some of the features I added in my software came available in the original SDRSharp.

Some final words about ‘re-using’ intellectual property. If someone would take a further look at the SDRsharp sources one could see that the for instance core DSP code and the RDS code was ‘borrowed’ from respectively the sources as listed in The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing's Table of Content and from the CuteSDR sources at CuteSDR / Code / [r55] /trunk/dsp and some stuff from SharpDSP sources.

But let’s not sling more mud. I’ll keep my version as private as possible and let only make very few friends and club members over here make use of it, so nothing to worry about. :)

Flatliner

Hi,

I can tell you that you have a lot of fans.

Do you think that a "clean room" version is within your remit of skills and desire? Regardless of the licence text, it is not possible to restrict another of producing software with features that exist elsewhere also.

Hi Flatliner.

Sorry I am not longdipole. I just stumble on this post, and I really like SDRSharper.

I hope that he will fork/update his software.

Johan

Status
Not open for further replies.