• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1000 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikemacdon

Hello, where can I find the programming software for the ht 1000.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kc0sct

Since Motorola does not offer HT1000 software anymore and you legally can't purchase it from someone who possesses it, why hasn't anybody written their own program? I have not clue how to write such a program, but it only took a short time to write programs for the cheap Asian radios that everybody is buying (CHIRP). There is a ton of HT1000 radios out there and will be for some time. We have agencies still using them around here.

N4KVE

Since Motorola does not offer HT1000 software anymore and you legally can't purchase it from someone who possesses it, why hasn't anybody written their own program?
Because it takes less than 30 seconds to find it on the internet, rather than spend months to write your own. Since "M" no longer sells it, it is not illegal to "find" it.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Motorola has loosened up on the no longer supported line software. Especially DOS based stuff. Now the latest and greatest...Then they will bend you over the desk...

SCPD

QRT
Too bad Motorola ended support for the HT1000's. What a workhorse of a radio, dropped mine several times and it still works like it's new. If Moto does not want to support it, they should at least make the RSS available for free to anyone. They are still out in the wild and I still use a narrow banded one today.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Too bad Motorola ended support for the HT1000's. What a workhorse of a radio, dropped mine several times and it still works like it's new. If Moto does not want to support it, they should at least make the RSS available for free to anyone. They are still out in the wild and I still use a narrow banded one today.
Did you not go to the link posted several post up from your's. The RSS is available... :wink:

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Communications Support hosts nearly all of the out of support Motorola software you might want...just requires an account.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Did you not go to the link posted several post up from your's. The RSS is available... :wink:

Yes, download from a legit site, not from somewhere in the UK. It's like the Russian sites what you might get (let's say a virus). Your welcome to screw up your computer from unknown site, but go right ahead Mr. Know it all.

Last edited:

mformby

Working with a obsolete radio

Although the Ht1000 is one of the best radios Motorola ever made I would not waste time or money on it unless it's for the deer lease or something like that.

Hello, where can I find the programming software for the ht 1000.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.