Fairfield Radio off the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
According a Facebook posting from the Iowa State Patrol. Fairfield Communication Center is no more. Where are the communications routed from? Cedar Rapids or Des Moines? A comment mentioned that Post 14 was disestablished last year. which i found out on the ISP website. Post 14's Counties between divided between 1,2, & 13.

Another person leaving comments mentioned when he was with the US Marshall Service he was F2xx on the State radio system.

Last edited:

Haley

mws72, thanks for posting this. It was the first I had heard of it. I am over in central Iowa, and used to pick them up quite a bit. Kind of wondered why it was so quite that way this summer. Mike

Bandit52240

Premium Subscriber
Fairfield is being dispatched by cedar rapids now. I know the dispatcher for henry county and told me about it.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I wonder when some of the others will closed. I know back awhile there was talk of all but Des Moines Comm. Center being closed with control using the internet backbone.

timkilbride

Database Admin
mws72, thanks for posting this. It was the first I had heard of it. I am over in central Iowa, and used to pick them up quite a bit. Kind of wondered why it was so quite that way this summer. Mike

Fairfield base, as in radio repeater, is still active. The dispatchers are now located in Cedar Rapids.

Tim

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Fairfield Communication Center was closed. Sorry if someone could get the wrong assumption of how I posted the information. The repeaters are still in service.

Btw I remember when Maquoketa CC was remoted from Cedar Rapids in the early 80's. At the time it was going around that all outlying comm. Center's was going to be closed with the duties taken over by Des Moines CC. I wonder how the governor missed that chance to cut the patrol's budget.

Sisilija

Premium Subscriber
Cedar Falls closes at midnight and everything is done through DSM. Works very well. All of Kansas is dispatched through Salina and it works there as well.

mikeydcg2003

The government is pushing consolidated dispatch centers. I can only imagine this will continue especially with the new statewide system coming online at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.