5063 Khz & 5129.1 Khz

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitedata

captured these two frequencies with strange occurrences on my SDR (funcube+ & sdr-sharp).
5063 Khz & 5129.10 Khz.
it appears to be a short and very fast cyclic 10Khz sweep.
for reference, it appears to happen randomly and has the characteristics of propagation and fading.
apologies if this has been discussed before but i couldnt find anything relevant within the forums.
you can load the 2 channel 192Khz 16bit I/Q file into sdr-sharp for analysis.
(right click, save as)
http://scpdny.com/SDRSharp_20151018_083734Z_5131000Hz_IQ.wav

Last edited by a moderator:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
hmmm..are you reading the frequency correctly? Per the UDXF logs, 5063.5 is a known SHARES / US Army frequency, while 5129 khz is often reported to be Russian Navy or XPA2 CIS Foreign Intelligence...Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The waterfall and spectrgraph would be very helpful. Many modes sound the same (even though they aren't) so you can't always rely on your ear to properly identify a mode

Mike

elitedata

I/Q playback

The waterfall and spectrgraph would be very helpful. Many modes sound the same (even though they aren't) so you can't always rely on your ear to properly identify a mode

Mike
i know how but im too lazy, its a PITA and i dont have it setup to do a video screen capture with sound so i took out the smart phone and recorded it off the LCD tv since its much quicker.
hope the video is good enough.
https://youtu.be/W_vdeGLLAXo
it would be easier though if someone had sdr sharp and simply loaded the I/Q file as playback.

Token

i know how but im too lazy, its a PITA and i dont have it setup to do a video screen capture with sound so i took out the smart phone and recorded it off the LCD tv since its much quicker.
hope the video is good enough.
https://youtu.be/W_vdeGLLAXo

This is an OTHR, Over The Horizon Radar. It is quite possibly the JORN out of Australia, but that is less sure as there are several that use a similar waveform to that. The transmission is FMCW during each burst, and as you see in your video it frequency hops burst to burst. At a guess there are two other frequencies in use during the time of your video that you did not capture.

These radars change frequency through the day to leverage current ionopsheric conditions allowing them to illuminate the target area they are interested in. Typically they do not have specific frequencies but rather ranges, and you may never see them hit those specific frequencies again, or they may hit them every day for a while.

T!

elitedata

thanks everyone for the concise and quick answers :)
now I've got something to go by so I'm going to Google this for more info.
much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.