BCD996XT 800MHZ TG Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
So I have this issue, which im sure has been asked in the past, however I could not find any recent posts about it.

I have a Talkgroup locked in on a Motorola Type 2 800mhz on my 996xt. I have noticed that most of the time, the first half of the transmission, or sometimes all of the transmission does not come over. I put my radio on scan, and noticed that while scanning, it shows the talkgroup instead of "scan", however it doesnt stop or have any audio on it.

I use a Radioshack 800mhz, and am located about 2 miles from a tower site. I do have all the "site frequencies" programmed.

Any Suggestions?
Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What system are you trying to hear? That kind of action suggests a rebanded system, or perhaps one programmed with the wrong system type

Mike

cg

Premium Subscriber
Try enabling the attenuator for that system. You may be getting too strong a signal into the radio.

chris

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
I tried the attenuator situation, that actually made it worse, so no transmitions came over (or the very end of it).

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
As Mike suggested, make sure you have it programmed as a rebanded system using the custom trunking tables.

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
You Know...I totally forgot about the reband. Since it still played the audio, except some transmissions, I totally forgot about the reband.

I Imported it directly from RR since it contains the reband already, and going to see how it works out.

Thanks

justabigham

Premium Subscriber
I do have all the "site frequencies" programmed.

Any Suggestions?
Thanks

I would like to suggest yu speed up the scan by removing all the frequencies for that system except for the control channel. This might solve your delay issue.

Voyager

Technically, RMH is correct, but I too would recommend eliminating the voice-only frequencies, as they are not needed and might slow down the scan overall. If you are not within range of another system, but one or more of its voice frequencies are active in your area, the scanner WILL scan those and that will slow down the overall scan cycle time. Make sure any Motorola systems (such as the one in question) are set to CONTROL CHANNEL ONLY, and only put the control channels in there. That also ensures that any new voice channels will be automatically heard on the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.