Edmond Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TowerPower

Premium Subscriber
I’ve recently started listening to Edmond and Deer Creek / Oak Cliff Fire on My BC996XT. The frustrating thing is I hear them dispatch all day long on my Uniden but periodically I hear Edmond FD dispatches on the live feed that I’m not receiving on my scanner. I thought maybe RR didn’t have all the talkgroups updated or maybe Edmond was using their spares so loaded up all fire and emergency management talkgroups. Last night same thing where FD dispatched to a fire on S Western Ave on the live feed and I didn’t hear squat on the scanner. I have an amazing signal from my Laird omni using site 8 OKC tower. I've searched the forums but haven't been able to find any similar. Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated.

TowerPower

Premium Subscriber
After looking deeper, that street might be serviced by Oak Creek VFD. Wondering now if maybe it's being dispatched on site 11 Guthrie tower and not simulcasting to the site 8 OKC tower and that's why I'm not receiving it.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
After looking deeper, that street might be serviced by Oak Creek VFD. Wondering now if maybe it's being dispatched on site 11 Guthrie tower and not simulcasting to the site 8 OKC tower and that's why I'm not receiving it.

Are you locked on the dispatch channel? If you are scanning, you might have just missed it.

TowerPower

Premium Subscriber
That's a good question but I have several in my shack and this one is exclusively programmed with Edmond and Deer Creek-Oak Cliff dispatched by Edmond. It was the evening, maybe 9:30 - 10 and there wasn't anything going on so it wasn't missed due to another TG talking. It literally sat there and scanned while the life feed was dispatching. a very short time later there was some EMS chatter on another incident over the scanner. Signal meter is full. Have never had a problem with this one.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
One thing to note is that some scanner feeds are time delayed, so as you listen to one try to determine if that is the case by the Dispatch's time call outs. Also some feeds use a display that has the freq and TGID listed so look at that as well to determine if the traffic is on another site as you mentioned. When TPD (Tulsa PD) drops an alarm tone it goes across multiple ID's vs. just the one ID for the area the call is in.

fast2okc

Database Admin
Is your scanner updated for rebanding? If not, the scanner will not receive half of the transmissions on the site, since half of the frequencies are rebanded frequencies.

Edmond, Oak Cliff and Deer Creek are all on site 8 full time.

TowerPower

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay in replying fast2okc but I wanted to run side by side testing before I replied. My receivers are all up to date on firmware but you inadvertently helped me think outside the realm of possibilities. I was unaware sid-844 OKWIN was running dual on analog and rebanded. I use FreeSCAN to import from RR and program the BCD996XT. I grabbed another one of my 996's and mirrored the programming except I went into the site setup and changed the site type from Mot 800MHz Standard (Type II) to Mot Custom/Reband Type II and voi la, its audio matches the Broadcastify web feed that the first scanner is missing. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.