BCD536HP ( Display light )

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeErieLarry

I have received a few e-mails from friends asking if I have a display light problem on my new 536.

What is the problem supposed to be with display backlight on screen ?? How do I get it fixed ?? I do not seem to have a problem ..but am being assured I will have.

mitbr

I have received a few e-mails from friends asking if I have a display light problem on my new 536.

What is the problem supposed to be with display backlight on screen ?? How do I get it fixed ?? I do not seem to have a problem ..but am being assured I will have.

If you run your scanner screen light on low or off and not on the high setting I don't believe you will have this problem.
Tim

LakeErieLarry

Ok on off or low

Thank you for your response mitbr.

I would still like to know what kind of problem it is with display light ???? Does it burn out ? Not come on ??

Is Uniden going to fix this if it is a factory defect ???

Wally46

Feed Provider
It gets dimmer and dimmer over time until it doesn't even come on like mine did. They are suppose to have a campaign soon to have us send our scanners in to fix the problem.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber

mitbr

Thank you for your response mitbr.

I would still like to know what kind of problem it is with display light ???? Does it burn out ? Not come on ??

Is Uniden going to fix this if it is a factory defect ???

Its only a guess to what is causing the problem I believe that the LEDS are being over driven in the high mode causing excessive heat and premature failure of the LEDS.
Tim

AC2OY

It gets dim Larry. Don't run it on high. Good news is they are going to do a permanent fix on the 536's so far. Hold on to your paperwork just in case.

ve2fet

Did the fix last???

Warranty??? Got one of the first unit during the first year, how else coult it be, these are "not" suppose to burn to all the units just because you are "using" the unit as per design.

What else should be fix at the same time? sound jack? dead clock? fading too low display? what else?
Thanks!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
This is a 1.5 year old thread. Please see the current discussion on the repair campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.