2015 RAFB Airshow coming Oct31 ~ Nov1 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael-SATX

Hello Folks,

Just wanted to help spread the word about the upcoming USAF Airshow next weekend at Randolph AFB!
In San Antonio,Texas our last airshow was way back in 2011 at RAFB, none here since with budget cuts.
With so many future variables, you never now when your next chance will be. So NOW is a GREat time !
Below is the official link with all the details to help folks make plans to attend this awesome & free event.

Click Here to check it out all the fun! 2015 JBSA Air Show and Open House

3 p.m. - U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds show time both Saturday Oct 31st and Sunday Nov 1st !

Click Here for a promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rflZ4fYV3Ys

It would nice if we had a few fellow Radioreference folks out there to meet and share airshow frequencies !
A scanner on the belt or a discrete earpiece just might help ID those in the crowd that are monitoring :)
Friday Oct 30th will be a day of rehearsal and an excellent time to map out Airboss and show freqs for us.

I hope to run into some fellow Radioreference members and finally put a face to many familiar usernames.

Michael-SATX

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
Looks like the demonstration teams will be using the West runway 14R 32L. TheStatic Display planes were using the East runway 14L 32R. I will see what happens tomorrow for the preview day. I hope it doesn't rain.

Don

Michael-SATX

Thanks Don, today before I left to work I set my Uniden HomePatrol 1E to the Discovery record mode.
I only recorded the Mil-Air ranges from 225 Mhz ~ 380 Mhz AM and will have to replay the recordings.
Did you gather those 2 frequencies with your GRE PSR-500 using it's aircraft service search mode ?
Also did you happen to monitor the Media One helicopter on 450.6125 FM PL-151.4 on media day ?
This Media One chopper has KENS Sky-5 painted on one side and KSAT Sky-12 painted on the other.
They have the contract for Sky News for these 2 stations. As for the other Sky News Helicopter
that is used by WOAI Sky-4 and KABB Sky-29 News they are on LTR Passort and a hassle to monitor
and I find it more productive to have the Air to Air Helicopter Chat freq of 123.0250 AM in my lineup
to catch Pilot Chat between helicopters such as the SAPD Eagle, DPS, Airlife, AirEvac, PHI & BCFS.

Thanks for all your updates and your dedication to the scanning hobby ~ your efforts benefit so many !

jbsarandolphmonitor

I already had the Thunderbirds frequencies programmed in my PSR 500. I also have the Randolph trunk system site . I have not found any new tgs for the trunk system.

Thanks
Don

jbsarandolphmonitor

Looks like the West runway 14R 32L will be used today. The East runway 14L is open. I am still waiting to hear if the show will go on. It is still raining here.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.