scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelixArray

Are you talking about the preprogrammed channels?

If yours is anything like my BCT you'll need to be pretty proficient... hell, dare I say gifted to be able to program this thing right out the box without reading the manual. I actually had to watch a video on it, thank God some guy had uploaded a youtube vid on my model. Maybe they are similar? He goes over a lot of the basics.

captclint

Mentor
how do i know when all channel's are scanning ? uniden bcd996p2
Weclome to RR. There are 2 lines in tje display that tell you what is being scanned: Sys and GRP. The numbers that show up on each line tell you what sysems and groups under those systems are being scanned. If you assigned Quick Keys to both systems and groups, you will see numbers in each line corresponding to the quick keys. If there are systems and groups you did not want to scan, and you turned them off by pressing the assigned quick keys while scanning, they will show up as Asterisk. A - (dash) means nothing is assign to the quick key, In that case go to the system and assign a quick key so you can turn it on/off and see that it is being scanned.
See 5th and 6th lines description here:
Easier to Read BCD996P2/XT display. This online manual should help you understand the scanner better. Easier to Read BCD996P2/XTl

Last edited:

Voyager

And if you didn't assign QKs, you can just look at the Systems as they are shown while scanning. Granted, you may have some systems that are so small they go by too fast to see, but on those systems just wait to make sure a user in them is heard.

You can also review the LOCKOUT list and make sure nothing is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.