Westchester County Trunking System Unit ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue20

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a list of the unit ID's for the Westchester county trunk system ?
Thank you in advance!

jvdet

someone asked here several months ago for Fire Department radio ID's while working temporarily in lower Westchester so time was limited and wanted to follow the area FD's and several local posters were against giving out info, try monitoring yourself - no one here will help ;

Rescue20

Premium Subscriber
Yes my goal was to instead of when a unit keys up it says i***** it says what unit it is.

comspec

Now that you got me interested in looking at the Unit IDs. I noticed that they don't always come up. II figured we can make it a team effort, collect some UNIT IDs then report back our findings, but some of the units aren't coming up with IDs on my radio. Any ideas what the cause is?

riveter

Premium Subscriber
If you're interested in sharing what you have, there are some wiki templates out there that can help you get started on putting up an RID page on the wiki that's manageable. As an example (albeit large with a complex layout), I and a few other people have put together this over the last few years: FiRST Radio IDs - The RadioReference Wiki

Without going that much into depth, you can just *bullet point things and set up a quick page to keep track of those for the benefit of all. It gets very helpful when you're trying to identify something unknown or new.

Also, RIDs not showing up is usually a scanner artifact- your scanner isn't decoding that part of the grant message (and doesn't pick up the embedded information well once on the voice channel).

Last edited:

jvdet

Armonk E286 i30214
Armonk R285 i30217
Croton base i31000
Croton i31005
Croton E119 i31010
Croton port E119 i31022
Croton port E118 i31023
Larchmont E 33 i32607
Lachmont E 35 i32609
Mamaroneck E 37 i32714
Millwood T 15 i32912
FDR Hosp E225 i33203
PoundRidge E113 i33409
Mt Kisco E105 i33411
Rye Chief 2421 i34601
Rye E193 i34609
Rye Ladder 25 i34615
E231 i34903
2313 i34905
Millwood E247 i35301
Thorwood E88 i35307
Thorwood Lader 1 i35311
Tanker 14 i36003
Bat 10 i50132
Croton port T10 i50230

All this from 3 days, an hour or two each day during breaks - I hope others will learn to share - update

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Armonk E286 i30214
Armonk R285 i30217
Croton base i31000
Croton i31005
Croton E119 i31010
Croton port E119 i31022
Croton port E118 i31023
Larchmont E 33 i32607
Lachmont E 35 i32609
Mamaroneck E 37 i32714
Millwood T 15 i32912
FDR Hosp E225 i33203
PoundRidge E113 i33409
Mt Kisco E105 i33411
Rye Chief 2421 i34601
Rye E193 i34609
Rye Ladder 25 i34615
E231 i34903
2313 i34905
Millwood E247 i35301
Thorwood E88 i35307
Thorwood Lader 1 i35311
Tanker 14 i36003
Bat 10 i50132
Croton port T10 i50230

All this from 3 days, an hour or two each day during breaks - I hope others will learn to share - update

446 views and no one can add or correct the list i posted?

If you are referring to the unique number a radio transmits on a Motorola system, I do not believe those are unit id numbers.

I could be wrong, maybe your scanner does display them that way, but from what I have seen, unit id numbers are not in that format. Those look like i call or Private Call as seen here

If you look at the following pages of documented unit numbers, none of them are in the format you posted using the letter i .

Suffolk County (NY) Radio IDs - The RadioReference Wiki

Fallon County (MT) Radio IDs - The RadioReference Wiki

Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T RID 00000-01249 - The RadioReference Wiki

Bay County Public Services Radio ID's - The RadioReference Wiki

Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Radio ID Structure - The RadioReference Wiki

Ocean County (NJ) TRS EMS Radio IDs - The RadioReference Wiki

jvdet

maybe you should look over those ID's
Uniden adds the letter i when decoding ID's - so if you have Westchester ID's you just drop the i then tell me what you get
duh
maybe I should have added that Uniden places the I otherwise and it was with that radio I used - try it

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
maybe you should look over those ID's
Uniden adds the letter i when decoding ID's - so if you have Westchester ID's you just drop the i then tell me what you get
duh
maybe I should have added that Uniden places the I otherwise and it was with that radio I used - try it

Can you please post where that is written? I would like to read it over.

Last edited:

Rescue20

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the process of masking a list of all departments in northern Westchester will post soon

jvdet

read it right off the screen in the 396 and i have the Ocean county rids as listed in RR with the i added
this was discussed oh.....4 - 5 YEARS ago

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
read it right off the screen in the 396 and i have the Ocean county rids as listed in RR with the i added
this was discussed oh.....4 - 5 YEARS ago

Again, can you post a link to this or anything stating that a radio I'd or uid has an i infront of the number in uniden radios...

radiomanNJ1

It's Uniden's way of identifying unit ids. There is 260 page manual you can read on the 396xt.
Look at Marks Scanners. I don't have the link.

If you are referring to the unique number a radio transmits on a Motorola system, I do not believe those are unit id numbers.

I could be wrong, maybe your scanner does display them that way, but from what I have seen, unit id numbers are not in that format. Those look like i call or Private Call as seen here

If you look at the following pages of documented unit numbers, none of them are in the format you posted using the letter i .

Suffolk County (NY) Radio IDs - The RadioReference Wiki

Fallon County (MT) Radio IDs - The RadioReference Wiki

Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T RID 00000-01249 - The RadioReference Wiki

Bay County Public Services Radio ID's - The RadioReference Wiki

Michigan's Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Radio ID Structure - The RadioReference Wiki

Ocean County (NJ) TRS EMS Radio IDs - The RadioReference Wiki

riveter

Premium Subscriber
To clarify, since it seems a few people are partially lost:

A radio transmitting on a SmartZone trunked radio system like that deployed in Westchester County will transmit (most importantly), in its channel grant request (PTT), the talkgroup number it is requesting and the unique ID of the requesting radio. In Direct Call / I-Call requests, it instead sends the unique ID of the requesting radio and the unique ID of the target radio. In all cases, the unique ID of the requesting radio will be transmitted on a SmartZone system during a channel grant request. The TRS control channel will rebroadcast these in the flow once the grant request is approved, essentially saying "Radio 12345 is starting a transmission for talkgroup 6789 on channel 721".

These radio ID numbers will be in the range from 1 to 65534.

A trunking capable scanner works by picking up this grant message and following the channel assignments as they are given. The same thing goes for private calls in exactly the same manner. Though the control channel might say "Radio 12345 is starting a private call with radio 23456 on channel 721" and only radio 23456 will switch and listen among all the subscribers on the system, the scanner will switch along with it and listen to the call (if so enabled and model capable).

Uniden loves to call direct calls i-calls, and loves to prefix all unit IDs with the lowercase letter 'i' in scanners to differentiate lower-numbered ones from talkgroup IDs. Whether this ID is seen during a group call or private call does not matter: the ID is still the unique radio ID of the currently transmitting radio.

I hope that helps for understanding's sake, and dissipates some of the frustration.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
My 436 does not display an "i" and with my other Uniden scanners, I used software to obtain uid numbers so I never saw a uid actually display with an "i" on a screen before.

That's why I chose my words wisely in the post.

"I do not believe those are unit id numbers" "I could be wrong" "maybe your scanner does display them that way", and so on.

It would have helped if the op would have explained from the beginning that some, not all Uniden scanners display uid or radio id's with the "i" before the number. He wrote Uniden, making those not familiar think that all Unidens do this.

In my opinion, he also should have dropped the "i" when he posted the numbers he logged since it is not the format used on any of the wiki pages that host radio id numbers..

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
All of Westchester's ID numbers start with 7 not I and this directly from a radio on the system. Maybe scanners handle the information differently.

All 70XXX are consoles the rest are based on the departments ID which is available from Westchester website.

EG.
Armonk is I believe 70300 Fire Base
70301 First Chief 70302 Second Chief and so on.
Engines start at 70310

This follows most true throughout the entire County with some PD and EOC and others not following any rhyme or reason.

I don't remember the rest I did have about 500 ID's in a TrunkTracker file, and no I won't share it. Too many people could use it the wrong way.

jvdet

enough of this nonsense
the radio used is a 396XT it displays RID's as I indicated with the small letter 'i' the radio does not do any other format - now so far every one who has commented has yet to provided any ID's to compare - except Radioman2001 above - However on a 3600 baud Motorola system by me these rid's are the same as displayed on the Motorola radios -except there's no i ! - so just drop the i and you have the exact RID the agency uses
and I have a RS 668 and guess what it does not use the i - now how hard is it to figure out from one radio -scanner- to another?
oh and I have taken from other wiki's and other web sites listings both with the i and without
why is it some people who do not have direct knowledge of the question being ask jump in with no information that answers the original question
hey don't use my list of RID's
the next time am in Westchester I will copy those i's and program my radio accordingly , don't you do it, oh no I cant be.....

ac316scu

All of Westchester's ID numbers start with 7 not I and this directly from a radio on the system. Maybe scanners handle the information differently.

All 70XXX are consoles the rest are based on the departments ID which is available from Westchester website.

EG.
Armonk is I believe 70300 Fire Base
70301 First Chief 70302 Second Chief and so on.
Engines start at 70310

This follows most true throughout the entire County with some PD and EOC and others not following any rhyme or reason.

I don't remember the rest I did have about 500 ID's in a TrunkTracker file, and no I won't share it. Too many people could use it the wrong way.

Where on the westchester website is this info?

Status
Not open for further replies.