Ulster and Dutchess counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

Does anyone know what Ulster and Dutchess counties are planning to do as EDACS reaches the end of its life cycle

I know Orange is planning a 700 MHz system. Any idea about the other counties

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
It should be interesting. I really don't see Dutchess doing anything with a new system on the County level. When EDACS does go off line it will affect Poughkeepsie City and Town PD, Hyde Park, City of Beacon, and Town of Fishkill, and maybe Drug Task Force. But it really wont affect the County at the County level. Emergency Response has one link on EDACS for Police 1, and the Sheriff's only has a few talkgroups on edacs and that is mostly used by Supervisors, K9 (for monitoring PD's using EDACS) and the County Office Complex Patrol. Few detective, and civil and road patrol vehicles do have Edacs but that is mainly for Interop with agencies who primarily use edacs.

paul

Some information from the 2016 Dutchess County Tentative Budget PDF page 195:
"Through a grant, Emergency Response’s Communications Division will hire a consulting firm to conduct a two way radio system survey. This survey/assessment will query all emergency service and public service entities in Dutchess County. Once complete there will be a clear assessment of current and future needs
for all agencies, as well as, recommendations for improvements, sharing, and consolidation. The final
stages of RFP are being written now. We will select a vendor this year, with the project planned for 2016."

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Some information from the 2016 Dutchess County Tentative Budget PDF page 195:
"Through a grant, Emergency Response’s Communications Division will hire a consulting firm to conduct a two way radio system survey. This survey/assessment will query all emergency service and public service entities in Dutchess County. Once complete there will be a clear assessment of current and future needs
for all agencies, as well as, recommendations for improvements, sharing, and consolidation. The final
stages of RFP are being written now. We will select a vendor this year, with the project planned for 2016."

How about that!

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Ulster County was looking at a Phase 1 FDMA 800 MHz system a while back, but it has been put on hold indefinitely.

With how big the county is, and all the terrain, I'm sure they'll have to double to triple the amount of sites they currently have.

Tech1

The change over will also effect Town of Ulster PD and Kingston PD and FD. Some of the Services for the City of Kingston have already switched to other radio systems such as CitiBus and DPW. It will be interesting to see what happens. I have heard nothing new on this subject myself, maybe Ulster County could be working on something now.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I thought Ulster was going to split the county ? 800 near river and whatever flavor elsewhere.....but that could be old info past to me....

N2OXV

Actually this statement is form the Tentative Executive Summary book listed under 2015 accomplishments. It is implied that they obtained the grant money, but to me it is unclear in the line item budget where this money is. This book was printed in late October, which says that for the first ten months of this year no vendor was selected. Further I checked the online bidding opportunities for the County and nothing is listed to date. I find this hard to believe that a vendor will be selected this year (2015) considering we are 6 weeks away from the end of the year and the RFP / RFB has not been posted online.

Status
Not open for further replies.