CSP Training Academy Talkgroup Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEKurtz

I just noticed this a few days ago, in the training academy talkgroup (TG:2019) the training dispatcher is in the clear however the recruits are transmitting encrypted with AES. Does anyone have any insight on this?
Other than transmitting actual CSP vehicle tags and recruit ID's in the clear like they've always done I can't think of any reason for it. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of statewide encryption.

cg

Premium Subscriber
All three TA TGIDs have been secure throughout much of the 125th Training Troop. All the new troops have brand new portables as well.
Last I heard was the Troop Dispatch 1 TGs were going to be clear but it has gone back and forth. At some point in the not too distant future, it will be 100% encryption capable and be 700/800 Phase II. Getting to that point will likely be budget driven.

chris

TEKurtz

I anticipated the encryption when all the radios were replaced with the 700/800, I didn't expect to start seeing anything like this for quite a few years based on the current timeline.
It looks like I'll have to get back to OP25 pretty soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolrich55

I was hearing that also. The strange thing is I was hearing the dispatch in the clear then the trooper with the encryption noise. But sometimes I would hear the dispatcher talking to the trooper but nothing from the trooper not even the garbled noise but the dispatcher was talking like she was receiving the troopers transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.