BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Receive issues on p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herodog

My 436 has receive problems on p25 phase 1 systems! First/ only hear half conversation only dispatch and then only officer and also first half of conversation is mist like a 4 seconds delay! Also on phase 2 436 dont mute encryption like it will on phase 1!

Voyager

The Phase II mute is a known issue.

Are the two conversations on different TGs?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
What you might want to do is access the menu for the P25 system SITE that you are receiving, either through the software or the scanner menu. When you select the specific site that is giving you the issue, you will want to change the P25 threshold mode to "Manual" and then adjust the threshold number. Start out at 8, then work your way down. Generally the lower numbers give you a lower threshold, so it may actually start to allow the entire conversation to pass squelch. This is different from the actual squelch setting in that it really has little to do with reception, unlike the squelch setting.

Herodog

Thanks for the info I have already done that the lowest is 6 or 7 then its muffled up can't understand a thing ! But even when lowered like that same deal 3 or 4 second delay and hear one side of conversation some times you jear both but not that often but thats for info. I have a old pro 106 that do not have that problem only ,,436 maby future firmware up dates mite sove this issues ! Or could be this sorry system my county is useing lol take care and thats again

I_am_Alpha1

This is a known problem and has been one since the release of the 436 and 536. There are a few issues going on. Simulcast--where two or more towers are broadcasting at the same time. Your scanner gets confused when the signals arrive a split second apart. Decoding--the inability of the scanner to decode the digital signal and produce audio.

Some have played with the threshold settings and had luck, most have not. Others have had some luck with re-positioning the scanner to another part of the house. This blocks some of the simulcast signals. Another thing to try is a different antenna--smaller not larger. I found two VHF scanner antennas and they have helped both the 536 and 436 with 800mhz P25 simulcast reception--they were both dead where they sat and now receive most (still not all) of the transmissions.

CalmWind

Mine will do that every now and then so I consider it to be a trunking issue.

I have found running two radios allows me to hear most of these types of transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.