Ok...Now it seems like the Toronto Eaton Centre has gone silent....

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Hi All, I have been listening to this all afternoon and silence. It WAS working a few weeks ago. Does anyone have any info or the capability of listening for a new system? I will try to speak to my friend at the concierge as soon as I can as I work inside the mall.

regards,

Jason

mciupa

I looked up in TAFL and came up with this:

Code:
2 record(s) retrieved.

Search Results Tx Frequency (MHz) Rx Frequency (MHz) Necessary Bandwidth-1 (kHz) Class of Emission-1 Frequency Status Station Location Licensee Name Call Sign Frequency Authorization Date 
452.262500 457.262500 7.60 FXEXT 6 TORONTO, ONT. EATON CENTRE CADILLAC FAIRVIEW CORPORATION LTD. TORONTO EATON CENTRE VOV616 2015-10-01 
454.362500 459.362500 7.60 FXEXT 6 TORONTO, ONT. EATON CENTRE CADILLAC FAIRVIEW CORPORATION LTD. TORONTO EATON CENTRE VOV616 2015-10-01

zapper1

Refering to my previous posts , I always felt that it was not just a case of my aged scanners going deaf on the
Eaton Center suddenly. I do miss the entertainment value.

mciupa

Refering to my previous posts , I always felt that it was not just a case of my aged scanners going deaf on the
Eaton Center suddenly. I do miss the entertainment value.

But they didn't go away back then, I listened to them yesterday on my HomePatrol during 2pm break.

Today, I didn't notice they were gone until I read this.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
If I were to purchase the above product, and since I have no experience with SDR, what would I need to do to listen to the Eaton Centre again. I could install the product on my work PC and just mount the antenna on my cubicle at work. I assume I need to listen through the PC`s output...speakers. How do you program it to work through the pc.

any high level overview..

Jason

mciupa

If I were to purchase the above product, and since I have no experience with SDR, what would I need to do to listen to the Eaton Centre again. I could install the product on my work PC and just mount the antenna on my cubicle at work. I assume I need to listen through the PC`s output...speakers. How do you program it to work through the pc.

Jason

There is a good SDR tutorial here: Quick Start Guide - rtl-sdr.com

To decode voice, the signal will go through this program: DSDPlus 1.074 released | DSDPlus

You will need this: VB-Audio Virtual Cables to feed the signal to DSD Plus

Park the SDR dongle on 454.3625 and DSD+ will let you listen and display all the info.

Alternatively, you could add a discriminator tap to the BCT-15, and feed a mono audio cable to your PC Line In and use only the DSD Plus program. That is if you don't mind cracking it open, solder in a capacitor, and add an audio jack to the case.

With a little effort, either way will work. :)

zapper1

Thanks for the replies and advice. However, I am not skilled enough to find my way thru the suggested laptop installations successfully. .I still have 4 freq. on TTC and 2 small malls but TEC had best variety.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
We could easily get you up and going with DSDPlus, I guarantee it. The biggest hurdle might be reception if you go the dongle route, although adapters are available if you have an external antenna.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
For the DSD+ experts out there..some help needed. I have SDR sharp running well, I have it locked on the frequency. I downloaded and installed both Virtual Audio cable drivers.... I then run SDRSharp, press play, I hear the data burts etc coming from the DMR eaton centre system. I run DSD+, many windows come up, I see tons of data pouring in...Errors, syncs etc, slot1, slot 2 cache errors etc etc....But I Hear no audio..I have tried changing the output audio in SDRSharp to both the cable A and B..zippo. There must be something I am doing wrong....suggestions?

Jason

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
First suggestion.. Ditch SDR# (temporarily at least) and use FMP that comes with DSD+ for tuning your dongle. This will entirely eliminate the the for virtual audio cables etc and reduce the overall load on your PC considerably. The fact that you are seeing errors indicates the audio is routing properly but there is likely something wrong with the signal (levels are off, bandwidth wrong etc etc).

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Is VAC paid for?

I seem to recall that the free version inserts a female voice saying "Unregistered" or something to that effect every few seconds. That would definitely mess with a program trying to sample baseband audio.

moonbounce

Jason

How far from the Eaton Center would you be, part of your problem. A weak signal could cause the error reports you are seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.