DSDPlus WAV file

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiredwrx

I have been using DSD Plus (May 14 version) for a while, without issue. However, recently I have begun trying to play the wav file to review the recorded transmissions. I never really did that before. However, about 75 percent of the time (I tend to delete the file at least once a day) the files will not play. Windows media player loads the file, and no matter how large the file is, it simply doesn't play anything, and the program acts as if there is but a brief moment of audio, and then the file is done. I have tried to listen to the files on various computers and devices, with no luck. Sometimes it works, most times it does not. Anyone have any ideas?

slicerwizard

Are you closing the wav file before trying to play it or are you playing a half-written file?

BTW, WMP is crap. MPC or VLC would be my recommendation.

10-10

As Slicer was saying you need to close out DSD first before trying to open the file. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wiredwrx

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I am closing out DSDPlus before trying to listen though all I do is "X" out of one of the windows, and they all close.

Yes, WMP is crap, but it should play the .WAV file fine and properly.

wiredwrx

Figured it out. I think. I have been closing out the, what I can only call, the cmd window that displays DSDPlus, which closes everything. Instead, I need to close out the other windows first, then the data gets written/appended to the WAV file.

Thanks

BM82557

Are you pressing the Escape key to exit DSDPlus? I think the WAV file gets corrupted if you use any other method to close out DSDPlus.

From the DSDPlus text file included with the builds -

Esc
To terminate real time decoding or .wav file processing, press Esc.

slicerwizard

Figured it out. I think. I have been closing out the, what I can only call, the cmd window that displays DSDPlus, which closes everything.
Ok, so you've been killing the console window and forcefully closing the program without letting it do a proper shutdown.

Instead, I need to close out the other windows first, then the data gets written/appended to the WAV file.
Pressing Esc also works.

wiredwrx

Yes, seems that was the issue. I was improperly forcing the app to close. I will try and escape key as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.