West Memphis DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

Not yet but I plan to pass through there in a few weeks, and hopefully I'll be able to collect that data as I'm driving through on my way to Alabama... if I remember to bring my data cable, that is! A week ago I was going through Chicot County and I had already programmed my tapped Radio Shack Pro-96 for Chicot County SO, Eudora PD, Lake Village PD, etc. all of which use DMR. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my data cable to run from the discriminator tap on the scanner to the laptop computer, so I was outta luck.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
How do you go about getting that info?

I just got a Tytera MD-380 to work with the firmware hack that open us all DMR.

I also need that info - or at least how to get it myself.

wbswetnam

I get the color code, slot number, and talk group number from DSD+. Running a tapped scanner with an ordinary audio cable to the mic input of a computer, with DSD+ running, is by far the best way to go IMHO.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
No. You need discriminator raw audio from what I am told. The data dump for the PC/IF might be good for Pro96Com or UT... But unless it is feeding audio to DSD+ then it won't work. If you can get an tapped scanner, or one that feeds raw audio like say an 396/996 XT etc.... Or get an old PRO-92 and tap it (literally the easiest to tap scanner made) then it gets problematic. But if you use DMRdecode or that kind of software, then yes it will work I think as your only wanting the data not the audio to decode.

DSD and DSD+ are mainly for decoding digital audio (P25, DMR, NXDN, EDACS ProVOICE, D-Star, etc) though they also do provide all the other data such as RAN's for NXDN, CC/Slots etc for DMR. DMRdecode and the like are for just the data primarily.

Last edited by a moderator:

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
10-4

I have an RTL 2832U dongle, guess I'll give SDR# another try.

The MD-380 decodes the one freq I do have info for pretty darn good. It shows the dispatch as 200 and each unit number is assigned per radio. Just tickled that I can listen again.

We have 3 freqs that are DMR and I've set t hem all up the same way - as I'm betting they set them up with default settings.

wbswetnam

Just tickled that I can listen again.

Terrific, sounds like it's unencrypted.

Another easy-to-tap scanner is the Radio Shack Pro-405. I got a refurbished one off of Amazon.com for $60. It has lots of room inside and (most importantly) a tapping post (TP5) to which you can simply attach a teeny tiny alligator clip which you can get at Hobby Lobby. That way you don't have to take the risk of soldering directly to the PC board, you only have to solder on a wire to the alligator clip to a 1/4W 10K ohm resister, then to the lug of a mono 1/8" audio jack (both the resister and the audio jack you can get at Radio Shack). Solder another wire to the other lug of the audio jack, then the other end of that wire to the external antenna connector. Install the audio jack in a 1/4" hole you drill in the side of the plastic case, and taaaa-daaa! You have a tapped scanner. Piece-o-cake.

Last edited:

delcomm

Premium Subscriber
Not yet but I plan to pass through there in a few weeks, and hopefully I'll be able to collect that data as I'm driving through on my way to Alabama... if I remember to bring my data cable, that is! A week ago I was going through Chicot County and I had already programmed my tapped Radio Shack Pro-96 for Chicot County SO, Eudora PD, Lake Village PD, etc. all of which use DMR. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my data cable to run from the discriminator tap on the scanner to the laptop computer, so I was outta luck.

Good luck, As I am fortunate enough to have these codes and slot information. The radio service changes the Group Codes and Color codes on a regular basis. Which is a pain. But they are like a revolving door.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
im at the Petro tonight listening on DSD, actually this is my first DMR decode :) sounding pretty good

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to the whole deal with DSD I'll help as much as I can

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
ok seems like most of the Activity is on TG 1 So im going to say that is the Primary,, DSD+ is doing a nice job of decoding though

Channel 1,2 =453.525
Channel 3,4 =453.100

Attachments

• 2016-05-14 22_33_16-DSD+ Event Log.png
    2016-05-14 22_33_16-DSD+ Event Log.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 514
  • 2016-05-15 00_04_03-DSD+ Cap+ Channel Activity.png
    2016-05-15 00_04_03-DSD+ Cap+ Channel Activity.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
got the newest version of DSD+ and some new stuff popped up today

the Site ID is 1
a New TG 11 popped up but i cant identify yet

but looks like we will have DMR in the new FW upgrade for the 436/536

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Need slot data, is the Color Code for whole shebang or do they have more than one in use

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Need slot data, is the Color Code for whole shebang or do they have more than one in use

ok from what i gathered in running it when i was there, the color code stayed at 0

but TG1 would come up on slots 1 and 2 in Fastlane 2.10 i may have read it wrong
but would run on slot 1 for a few transmissions then switch over
or am i nuts
you can actually see it in the screenshot above - TG 1 on channel 1 for a bit then swap over to Channel 2
this was my first real go at DSD and i manually had it set up as i only had one dongle

Last edited:

gray6077

Premium Subscriber
I just got a 436 and a 536 last week. I got the DMR upgrades and have been trying to listen to WMPD with little luck. I have run the analyzer to try to discover LCNs and after running it for 2 days straight, it only identified 1 of 3 (453.5250 #2). I then ran the system in discover mode and I have gotten some hits, but nowhere near the traffic that I would expect. When listening to the recordings, it seems not to follow the conversation, gets the first part and it stops. There have been some new TGs identified (13,17, & 19).

I have the frequencies imputed (453.100, 453.3625, & 453.5250) from RRDB and from discovery CC 0. The settings are default from scanner. Does anybody have any thoughts on issue? Thanks!

safetyobc

You'll have to have those LCN or it won't work.

Also you my try setting up the DMR differently in different Fav Lists. Like one DMR Trunking, one conventional, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.