Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Ottawa dispatch just purchased Motorola MCC7500 Dispatch Consoles a few months back. Also rumors that they are testing starcom for future switch even though they just made the switch to digital conventional and are trying to work a buy back deal with Motorola.

Also talking about switching fire to digital conventional non encryption the start of the year.

RADIOGUY2002

Instead of spending money and stuff that may or maynot work how about we fixed the infrastructure first. Starcom is not the right solution for the area, I assure of that. Their sites are two remote or not strong enough to cover the area. LaSalle county needs to get everyone involved and build the systems the right way from the ground up, who ever or whatever agency their using to construct the system seem to keep messing them around. This is getting old, get a countywide frequency, build received sites, link rf if your to cheap to use t1 lines or cat5 for trbo\etc internet. Trbo can be built into a system wide trunking network, their are plenty of solutions but politics bad educate people keep buying into crap they don't need or think they need. For the love of good 800 does not play nice in areas such as this. When are they going to wake up. Kanecom is fantasic throughout the area, maybe they should take notes from them. Pretty pathetic after all these years their still having issues. XXX Vendor XXX Maybe XXX just a thought.

nick223

Feed Provider
Nicely said radio I agree with you 100 percent. The thing you have is Ottawa is just trying to be the county dispatch. It's sad how no depts will support the county.

MikeyC

It looks like the county dropped their TRBO plans for the sheriff's dept. They never really left ClearTalk and I don't even hear the TRBO digital on their Primary (155.7000) when they have to fall back to that. If the state put a StarCom site in Serena like ClearTalk did that might greatly improve coverage up there.

nick223

Feed Provider
Last I heard county was still working out the "bugs." But that was a few months ago.

Nothing seems right in this county lol.

MikeyC

It'll be interesting to see how the consolidation happens. As it stands now, 5 different counties handle departments in LaSalle County.

LaSalle County EOC - Sheriff, several rural FDs, several rural PDs
Ottawa - Ottawa FD/PD, Marseilles FD/PD, MABAS 25 Primary
Mendota - Mendota PD, Mendota-Troy Grove FD, Earlville FD/PD, Leland PD, MABAS 25 Secondary
Oglesby - Oglesby FD/PD, Utica FD
LaSalle - LaSalle FD/PD
Peru - Peru FD/PD
Grundy County - Seneca FD/PD
Livingston County - Streator FD/PD
DeKalb County - Leland FD
Marshall County - Wenona FD/PD

LaSalle, Peru and (maybe) a few others including BuEComm in Bureau County are planning on building a dispatch center located at IVCC.

If I remember correctly, there is supposed to be a maximum of two dispatch centers in a county?

nick223

Feed Provider
It'll be interesting to see how the consolidation happens. As it stands now, 5 different counties handle departments in LaSalle County.

LaSalle County EOC - Sheriff, several rural FDs, several rural PDs
Ottawa - Ottawa FD/PD, Marseilles FD/PD, MABAS 25 Primary
Mendota - Mendota PD, Mendota-Troy Grove FD, Earlville FD/PD, Leland PD, MABAS 25 Secondary
Oglesby - Oglesby FD/PD, Utica FD
LaSalle - LaSalle FD/PD
Peru - Peru FD/PD
Grundy County - Seneca FD/PD
Livingston County - Streator FD/PD
DeKalb County - Leland FD
Marshall County - Wenona FD/PD

LaSalle, Peru and (maybe) a few others including BuEComm in Bureau County are planning on building a dispatch center located at IVCC.

If I remember correctly, there is supposed to be a maximum of two dispatch centers in a county?

Ottawa also dispatches Wallace FPD and in talks with bringing Streator over to Ottawa dispatch. Plus had a meeting with Utica but I don't think Utica is coming.

For the new dispatch center as of now it is no longer all meetings have stopped plus the funds were frozen by the new governor if I'm not mistaken.

This county is so messed up with communications.

snowbird

Was told that Streator Police may be going to Star Com in the spring. LivCom is using it. Streator Fire Dept will be getting there radios 159.090. Not sure if they will be for back up or will stay on 155.295

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I just heard from a reliable source your info on Streator is correct....Also I hear "Livcom" very well on Starcom T113, 125 and 126.....Also on the Carma web site is a revised set of freqys licensed to Grundy to be used for Seneca FD joining there dispatch on Fire north....The towers are listed with freqys for simulcasting thru the county....There on this weeks il-grants from the FCC.....

nick223

Feed Provider
I just heard from a reliable source your info on Streator is correct....Also I hear "Livcom" very well on Starcom T113, 125 and 126.....Also on the Carma web site is a revised set of freqys licensed to Grundy to be used for Seneca FD joining there dispatch on Fire north....The towers are listed with freqys for simulcasting thru the county....There on this weeks il-grants from the FCC.....

Ron is livcom on starcom with just police or is fire it too?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I just hear the PD north and south, the FD was testing Starcom about a week ago but I do not hear them now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.