FDNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

I was listening to a high rise incident in Manhattan yesterday and they were using 153.830 for the fireground. How come it's not listed in the database?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am not that knowledgeable of curent FDNY operations but, at one time, 153.830 was a primary tactical (fireground) frequency. As seen here here and here

They still have a license for that freq as seen here. KV2288 - CITY OF NEW YORK

There are other agencies that have a license for this freq as well so FDNY is not they only one. 153.830 Search Results

Being that you heard activity on this freq, I am not sure why it is not listed in the database. I am sure someone will chime in with an answer..

bazil747

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies on rr are user submitted

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ansky

Is 153.83 simplex or is there a repeater? From what I've seen in the past a lot of the fireground operations seem to be on the NYC DOITT trunked system.

Last edited:

cackis

Premium Subscriber
All FDNY Fireground is on UHF. We have not carried VHF radios since 2002 (if memory serves my correct). Certain Battalions are equipped with VHF to UHF vehicle repeaters for High Rise ops. Sounds like that is why you heard activity on 153.830

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
153.830 is the mobile repeater.
Radio can steer a 40watt mobile between ht channels 1 threw 8.
Some chiefs Carys an extra vhf portable in a convertercom.
Concept is Chief talks to Car and then 40watts upto the post radio.

There is no fireground operations on trunked. It's a repeat of fireground 1 using a mobile relay system.

coolrich55

It sounded simplex to me. I submitted it. I was just surprised to hear them using that frequency. I would assume it wasn't in the database because it was thought to be not in use anymore even though apparently it was the main FG frequency years ago. The only reason I had it in my scanner was because it's also the FG for Bridgeport CT. I was in Edgewater when I was listening and the call was on West 66 street on the 14th floor. Most of the transmissions were loud and clear, a couple were a little scratchy. Its very rare I hear any FG communications from Jersey because it is such low power. Ansky, the DOITT system is used for 10-75's whenever the field com truck is on scene. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but it's basically a patch between the low powered FG frequency to the DOITT system.

coolrich55

153.830 is the mobile repeater.
Radio can steer a 40watt mobile between ht channels 1 threw 8.
Some chiefs Carys an extra vhf portable in a convertercom.
Concept is Chief talks to Car and then 40watts upto the post radio.

There is no fireground operations on trunked. It's a repeat of fireground 1 using a mobile relay system.

Ok I stand corrected. You guys would know better than me. To me it didn't sound like a typical repeater sounds, if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.