Columbus Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

oesjmr

Premium Subscriber
I'm still receiving CPD fine. I listen mostly to Zone 2, but I just flipped to the other zones and hear traffic.

oesjmr

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention that last week I heard a message on Zone 2 for cars that didn't have reprogrammed radios to go to 9 sub for programming. I'm guessing that means the switch it MARCS-IP isn't too far off.

KD8DVR

No, the reprogramming was for some other issue. It ended up messing up some radios and they had to go back to have them diagnosed.

Pedalfar1

Zones 2 and 4 that I monitor seem to be back on my radio (BC296D). Days seemed to be numbered before the switch. Certainly for my old radio monitoring CPD. Trying to decide if I give up listening to CPD and just continue to monitor COIRS once the change happens.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Zones 2 and 4 that I monitor seem to be back on my radio (BC296D). Days seemed to be numbered before the switch. Certainly for my old radio monitoring CPD. Trying to decide if I give up listening to CPD and just continue to monitor COIRS once the change happens.
If you can receive COIRS you should be able to receive the Columbus system as it uses 800 MHz. even though it is tied into MARCS-IP.

Last edited:

Pedalfar1

<< If you can receive COIRS you should be able to receive the Columbus system as it uses 800 MHz. even though it is tied into MARCS-IP. >>

I receive COIRS (Dublin, Hilliard, NW EMS) loud and clear here in Dublin. So when CPD goes digital it'll be on 800 MHz and not 700. Wow. Didn't realize this. Because if it goes 700, my BC296D will not work.

Last edited:

KD8DVR

<< If you can receive COIRS you should be able to receive the Columbus system as it uses 800 MHz. even though it is tied into MARCS-IP. >>

I receive COIRS (Dublin, Hilliard, NW EMS) loud and clear here in Dublin. So when CPD goes digital it'll be on 800 MHz and not 700. Wow. Didn't realize this. Because if it goes 700, my BC296D will not work.

The MARCS-IP Franklin County system is a combination of 700 and 800 Mhz frequencies. You'd be out of luck, if they use this system as currently configured.

KD8DVR

The MARCS-IP Franklin County system is a combination of 700 and 800 Mhz frequencies. You'd be out of luck, if they use this system as currently configured.

Perhaps I was mistaken.. the "columbus City" system is all 800 Mhz. It's up to 11 frequencies now.

Status
Not open for further replies.