Lenoir County TRS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
As of 1300 hours Monday, the TRS here has started using the "new" system.
Since Monday, I have not been able to hear the LCSD. KPD and EMS are still on the "old" system. The county Fire had limited access to dispatch and were using "CENCOM" to talk to dispatcher. I know they are P-25 but not sure "where" they are.

I suspect they are on VIPER but there again have not heard them. I have been working in court all week, and have not been able to let my radio search for them while at work. And with "uncle Arthur" kicking up (due to all the weather changes) when I get home I am looking for pain meds and bed. ;)

As soon as I find out anything I will report back

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Right now I'm hearing PD Main on the old system. I'll start searching and see if I come up with anything. I presume they are still on something 800.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Well it is Phase II. Wonderful. New scanners for everybody. So far I have only captured 27621 as possible Sheriff Main. I won't submit it yet until I can confirm. The 1095 scanner does seem to do a decent job decoding the audio but will have to do more listening tomorrow.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Phase 2 capable doesn't mean all TGs will be TDMA. Keep searching and see what pops up. There are only 3 sites in the simulcast currently with a 4th site in the works so simulcast issues shouldn't be as common as some of these 5+ site systems.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the tip Trumpetman. I programmed my PSR 600 with this new system and it is tracking it, although not as good as it is on the 1095 and I am hearing voice traffic with good audio. Comparable to VIPER. Will need to tweak some settings to get it do well.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Running PRO 96 COM right now and getting a lot of information. I have already submitted some talkgroup info to the database.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Be sure and submit the site neighbors and alternate control channels for all sites as well so we can get then in the database reliant scanners.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
ok here is what I have so far:

27551 COUNTY FIRE
27765 COUNTY TRANSPORT SERVICE
27606 LENOIR ER
27721 KINSTON PD
27626 POSSIBLE S.D.

all are phase 1

will report more as story develops.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Good job Rohn. I have submitted some of those and more to the data base this morning. Did not yet catch the County fire one.

RohnsRadio

Premium Subscriber
27626 "bail Channel" (bailiff)
27601 EMS MAIN
27521 CENCOM

the 27621 fits the order for sheriff have not heard that one yet.

this is fun lol
good way to spend a sick day.
been home sick.

will make up list and summit later today

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Yeah this is way cool stuff. Sheriff Main is 27621. Been hearing them all day along with the rest. Been doing this stuff since way back when the PD was on high band B/R. (Before repeater) and sheriff was on 39.10 Lo band. The fun never stops.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Yeah this is way cool stuff. Sheriff Main is 27621. Been hearing them all day along with the rest. Been doing this stuff since way back when the PD was on high band B/R. (Before repeater) and sheriff was on 39.10 Lo band. The fun never stops.

This is part of what makes the hobby so much fun. It was be boring if us in the industry just published everything. You appreciate the info more if it comes from time spent monitoring.
Marshall KE4ZNR

trumpetman

Database Admin
System has been updated with all submissions & posts here.

It sure is nice to see stuff posted and discussed rather than TGs magically appearing in the database. Makes people remember how fun it is to actually search & scan instead of punching in a zip-code.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
KE4ZNR This is part of what makes the hobby so much fun. It was be boring if us in the industry just published everything. You appreciate the info more if it comes from time spent monitoring. Marshall KE4ZNR[/QUOTE said:
Yeah. This is the way it should be. I could take a PSR 800 and just plug in the database but then I would hear a whole lot of crap I have no interest in.

Trumpetman: Thanks for updating the database. More to come .

Couple of updates:
Had to go to New Bern yesterday so I placed a standard all band rubber deck antenna on the rear package shelf of the car and carried this new system loud and clear way on into Craven county with no problems. Heading to Greenville today and will see how it does in that direction. Used to be it had issues for me the further north I headed.

Second: I let Pro 96 com run last night but could not monitor the traffic but did locate nine new yet so far unknown talkgroups. Figured better stuff shows up at night.

They are:

So all units, Be on the lookout for these.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
OOPS! Disregard talkgroup 27721 in the list above. It's already documented. P D Main.

Status
Not open for further replies.