Hytera Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

I would like to request a Hytera Forum be added in the Commercial and Professional radios section of the forum due to the increasing popularity of these radios in use by amateur and professional users.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Not sure why you posted this in the Database Discussion forum?

I'll review the posts to see if such a forum is warranted but at this point, I'd have to say there's not much need for such a forum.

RayAir

Because I wanted to ask the Forum Administrators if they would consider adding a Hytera forum.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Database Administration forum: This forum is for questions about the database such as how to use it, layout or usability issues or suggestions for improvement. It is not for pointing out wrong information or getting help with programming.

Forums Administration forum: For administrative questions about the forums or problems with its use. Before you ask, did you read here first?

Since your question concerns the forums, it should have been asked in the Forums Administration forum. Forum Administrators hang out in the Forums Administration forum, not the Database Administration forum.

As for the Hytera forum, in the past month, I count 3 threads. Going back to the beginning, there's only 40 threads. Not enough to warrant the creation of a separate forum just for them.

Sorry.

RayAir

Umm, this is the Forums Administration thread and not the database forum.

But i guess if you don't want to add a Hytera Forum, so be it.

QDP2012

Umm, this is the Forums Administration thread and not the database forum.

But i guess if you don't want to add a Hytera Forum, so be it.

You originally posted this thread in the Database forum. After receiving a report about the thread being in the wrong forum, the moderator moved the thread to the Forums Administration forum when he posted his earlier comment in post #2 above.

Hope this helps eliminate any confusion,

Last edited:

RayAir

OK, didn't realize the error.

Thanks for looking into my request anyway.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
No problem. I'll keep your request in mind and if the number of Hytera posts increase to a decent enough level to support a forum, I'll create one.

N4KVE

While I own a Hytera, & would support such a Forum, on another site which is primarily Motorola, there is a section where other radio vendors each have their section. There are maybe 2 Hytera posts a month. They are great radios, & while made in China, they should not be confused with the recent onslaught of CCR's.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
How about no?

From my count, in the past two months, we've had a grand total of 3 threads.

Not really worth the time to create a forum.

Sorry.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Any special reason you guys can't discuss this here...

Industry Discussion - The RadioReference.com Forums

General discussion forum for commercial and professional radio technologies. This includes manufacturers not listed below.

Because
1) Hytera is #2 in DMR sales, Look at all the DMR Hytera system on the air in the database.
2) If it's the 2nd highest seller of DMR in the US then it should have it's place in the forum's.
3) It was added (Hytera XPT) to Uniden's DMR addin and DSDPlus.
4) If you built it they will come!
5) There are less use forums on this site, so what's the big deal about adding a new one?
6) If it does not get used then remove it.
7) Users looking for info don't know where to find it

I am a Hytera Rpt owner myself!

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry guys but the answer is still no for the reason given above. In the future, if there's enough traffic to warrant a forum, it will be created.

Status
Not open for further replies.