Kenwood: Programming Cable for Kenwood TM-V71A

Status
Not open for further replies.

jad742

Premium Subscriber
I need to program my TM-V71A. I plan on using Chirp to do this but need a cable. I have found USB to Din plug cables designed for this purpose but they are about $30. That is okay but my question is can use an old PC / USB to Din plug adapter with a USB cable. The adapter I am talking about is the one designed to adapt the USB Mouse or keyboard to the old DIN plug ports on the back of older PC's. Thanks in advance for any help you can pass on.

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
Why not just buy a proper cable and save yourself the grief of not knowing? Programming cables for the V71A can be had for 20 to 30 bucks on eBay.

SilverXJ

Use the Kenwood software available at the Kenwood amateur website.
x2. I tried Chirp for my TM-V71A and it just doesn't work well. This is because it programs the Kenwood live. You enter a memory or make a setting change and it immediately sends it to the radio. This method has been slow and buggy. You also have to have the radio connected to make changes. I like to make changes then upload to the radio later.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Skip Chirp and the crap software Kenwood offers and buy RT Systems. You will not regret it. Best stuff to program hammy radios with

Status
Not open for further replies.