O.S.P. MARCS Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8HDU

Rookie question on MARCS in Ohio.

I'm programming a Radio Shack Pro-652. I'm have in MARCS/Ohio State Patrol for Lima, OH, where I live.

Obviously I would program for the Lima tower and frequencies.

If I add Findlay and Van Wert Posts into the scanner, would the Lima tower work, or do I need to also add the towers closest to those communities?

Fred/W8HDU

Nasby

Rookie question on MARCS in Ohio.

I'm programming a Radio Shack Pro-652. I'm have in MARCS/Ohio State Patrol for Lima, OH, where I live.

Obviously I would program for the Lima tower and frequencies.

If I add Findlay and Van Wert Posts into the scanner, would the Lima tower work, or do I need to also add the towers closest to those communities?

Fred/W8HDU

The Lima Tower will work if the Findlay and/or Van Wert radio users affiliates with that tower.

But if you want to hear as much traffic as possible from the Findlay and Van Wert units, you may want to add towers that are neighboring (provided you can receive them with a good signal).

The only harm in adding more towers that have strong signals is that your scan speed will slow down a bit.

jackj

The Lima Tower will work if the Findlay and/or Van Wert radio users affiliates with that tower.

But if you want to hear as much traffic as possible from the Findlay and Van Wert units, you may want to add towers that are neighboring (provided you can receive them with a good signal).

The only harm in adding more towers that have strong signals is that your scan speed will slow down a bit.

Or you scanner will stop on a distant traffic stop and miss a local bank robber chase. It all depends on what you want to hear.

SCPD

QRT
OSP

This made me think of the OLDEN DAYS on low band OSP 42-47 mhz, I wanted to hear it ALL. Picked up Cincy , Columbus and lived in Springfield, and wanted to hear as much as I could. I understand what he wants and at times it seems others have more excitement that our locals have. I've yet to find that elusive spot where I can grab multiple towers.Location Location location Be happy you can hear, someday this hobby will be taken from our listening ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.