Unid transmission type received using SDRSharp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM82557

Any ideas as to what format the transmission pictured in the attachments is? Click on the thumbnails for a large screenshot. I wasn't sure where to post this so mods feel free to move it if needed.

D

DaveNF2G

Quite often with these "unknowns," the frequency is a dead giveaway. There seem to be quite a few SDR users who are unfamiliar with the normal uses of various portions of the radio spectrum.

BM82557

I didn't communicate that very well in my first post so I'll expound here. I know that the transmission is paging but it is not FLEX or POCSAG as I have been unable to decode it with PDW. The peculiar signal format shown in the screenshots doesn't resemble paging I've seen on other frequencies. I'm curious as to what the specific paging format being used is.

ronenp

Can you record the audio of thet Pajer so we will be able to listen and mabe analyse what kind of format it is ?

ronenp

How good is to provide an audio recording
What you hear is a link from the Paging dispatch to the paging transmitter it is made with AFSK tones and not with FSK as the transmitter of the pager transmit to the paging units do
I dont think that any software is decoding this as there are no paging receivers listen on that frequency ...
try to find correlation (i suggest looking on other band (i.e if it is on UHF look on VHF vice versa)) between this signal and another paging transmitter and if you find one then trey to decode it with the decode software im almost sure it will decode ....
good luck
Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
Ronen Pinchooks (4Z4ZQ) WebSite

ecps92

Don't forget the 72-75 band for the links

How good is to provide an audio recording
What you hear is a link from the Paging dispatch to the paging transmitter it is made with AFSK tones and not with FSK as the transmitter of the pager transmit to the paging units do
I dont think that any software is decoding this as there are no paging receivers listen on that frequency ...
try to find correlation (i suggest looking on other band (i.e if it is on UHF look on VHF vice versa)) between this signal and another paging transmitter and if you find one then trey to decode it with the decode software im almost sure it will decode ....
good luck
Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
Ronen Pinchooks (4Z4ZQ) WebSite

Status
Not open for further replies.