Lake Louise

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Was out in Lake Louise in September for a week and last May. Have to agree that pretty well dead air. RCMP fair amount of activity, CP rail and the CARA and WRN repeaters did have some activity. I did hear some bus activity in Lake Louise only. I did hear a Parks frequency but can't remember the frequency. Certainly west of the border it was very dead.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Was out in Lake Louise in September for a week and last May. Have to agree that pretty well dead air. RCMP fair amount of activity, CP rail and the CARA and WRN repeaters did have some activity. I did hear some bus activity in Lake Louise only. I did hear a Parks frequency but can't remember the frequency. Certainly west of the border it was very dead.

Agreed. Very quite. Found the 166.2600/151.4 parks repeater busy with the fatal accident west of Field yesterday. I also heard activity on the 166.0500/151.4 Parks repeater as well, but based on signal strength it was likely in Banff Nat'l park and not Yoho.

BCAS RPTR-C 149.6800/103.5 in Golden good signal due to being less than 250m from the repeaters location... Not sure if they have any repeaters east of Golden... Based on its location I doubt they that've much coverage east of the canyon.

I'm guessing RPT-F (139.5600) had some activity yesterday, but I did not check. I bet it is pretty dead unless something happens in Yoho. There is a bit of activity on RPT-E(Golden City 139.5000/123.0) not much, the odd 70 check. I think EVERYTHING is done by MWS. STARS out of Calgary was on scene yesterday with their new AW Helo.

No activity on the Ham stuff. I'm hearing WRN repeaters, 146.8800/131.8 VE6BNP and 146.7000/131.8 VE7KNP repeaters. It appears that the 147.1600 VE7DMO repeater is off the air. ZERO activity ham wise, even calling on 146.5200 in Golden... Not sure if there are even any hams left in Golden. The 147.1600 repeater was linked to the EKARC groups repeaters, but based on their old meeting minutes it is standalone. But again I could not key it.

Not listening to any rail stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
IMO the BC part of the RRDB, if you were using it (with a scanner), is a mess. Frequencies are duplicated in many different places. Back when I was an admin, I tried to clean up the BCAS stuff, but there's still a ton of duplication where a channel is listed geographically in one place and then listed in the provincewide section in another (where all frequencies for an agency are just dumped into the provincewide section).

Is it known whether or not the RCMP in the Golden region have switched to P25 yet? That may be a reason why they're not heard - E Div is going P25/encrypted slowly from west to east. Might have reached the border by now.

I hadn't heard that that MVC went fatal. I did hear STARS get dispatched to it, but the report was four "green" (walking wounded) patients and one that they flew with what I would consider medium to serious (but not life-threatening) injuries.

And FWIW, 166.05 is the Mount Hector repeater, north of Lake Louise. ....which we apparently don't have in the RRDB. I've submitted it for a fix.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Golden city RPT-E has not yet gone P25/encrypted. I have heard analogue traffic, BUT very little. I threw the East Rural Field repeater in the radio, analogue CSQ, will see if I hear anything on it... Unless there is an accident I doubt I will hear much of anything. Based on my listening EVERYTHING is done via MWS, very little is voice dispatched. Only the occasional '70' check, PU to PU comms and 10-23 notifications to comms. Good catch on the Parks repeater. I am hearing it by Hoodoo camp ground. Pretty decent for a 5w ERP repeater! Where I was working yesterday, I was almost directly below the 166.2600 Mt. Stephen repeater.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Mt. Hector 166.050 ID as 'ch4' and Mt. Stephen 166.260 ID as 'ch12' when a unit asked Banff dispatch for a patch between those two repeaters.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
RCMP RPT-B(Listed as Rural West) analogue w/ 107.2Hz PL. Heard a unit talking about 10 mile hill(east of Golden) so this listen area may be wrong.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
MOT repeaters 143.4450MHz 77.0Hz(Ch1) & 143.8950Mhz 77.0Hz(Ch4) VERY active today in Golden. TCH (HWY1)has been shutdown between Revelstoke and Golden. About 30cm of snow has fallen since 11:30. East of Golden is a mess. Lots of trucks spun out going up 6mile hill and mandatory chain up from the 10mile brake check to go west down 10mile hill and through Kicking Horse Canyon. Hopefully this is over tonight and I can head home tomorrow.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
K, just so ya know, I heard that 93 was closed between Louise and Jasper due to road conditions as of noon today and it "might be open tomorrow". So you may have to come in and go up the long way to go north, or get up to the 16 and go that way.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
K, just so ya know, I heard that 93 was closed between Louise and Jasper due to road conditions as of noon today and it "might be open tomorrow". So you may have to come in and go up the long way to go north, or get up to the 16 and go that way.

Yea, TCH was closed between Revelstoke and Golden till yesterday evening. Trucks were stacked like cord wood when I went for fuel this morning. Way too much risk to go 93 when alone. No people, no fuel, and no cell service. While I have my Globalstar phone with me, I really just do not want to get stuck and need to make a call. I am stopping to visit a friend in Calgary on my way home today.

Absolute **** show yesterday, and Parks Canada does not know how to plot a road. Yoho does not look like a plot touched it for hours and hours this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.