CH-46 or CH-47 helo's in the Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

Has anyone else seen (heard) the CH-46/47 helo's that have been flying around for the past couple of days? They've flown over the area of 91st and Peoria Ave's several times this week.

I think I heard them on 123.025 yesterday evening. Callsign ending in "Delta Delta".

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

I'm assuming military. There were flights of several. I only actually saw them once, and there were at least 3 flying together.

I don't have ADS-B capability.

John
Peoria

rwier

If they were a "shiny" (not military "dull") dark green, with possibly yellow markings or emblems, I would guess Arpaio, related to PIR security.

KB7MIB

It was too dark the one time I did see them, to make out whether they were dull or shiny, or any markings.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

I've seen some news reports that US Special Operations Command is conducting urban warfare training at various sites around the Valley.
Local law enforcement is providing security at the sites US SOCCOM is using, and is asking the public to stay away from the sites, if anyone becomes aware of their locations, which aren't being made public.

I'd just like to be able to listen in to them.

John
Peoria

Phoenix805

I heard them a couple of times and saw them a few nights ago. There were 3 coming towards us (all I could see were the lights), then suddenly only 2. I thought maybe they were testing stealth technology, then I realized they probably just turned off their lights. duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.