LCD RADIO CODE

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I know this is an old post but I am looking for the LCD radio codes I can't find it here and if anybody knows the Torrington police codes

mrbun

Although...
You can still hear "Are there any signal 33s or 50s on the air?" used daily around 1830 by LCD prior to daily comm test of Harwinton FD.

Otherwise, yes, they're history.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
LCD doesnt use codes for county fire, aside from the EFD and EMD codes.
Torrington police uses their own codes, but they dont just hand out lists of them, most of the time if you listen for a while you can figure them out

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
The codes LCD utilized are very close to the old state fire codes. Might want to try and see if you can find those. I'll look at some of my old books at home when I get a chance.

33 = Medical Emergencies

50 = Fires / Rescue

cg

Premium Subscriber
They now use the codes for Priority Dispatching as linked above. The old discontinued ones were online in various locations. I found one that had this list:

LITCHFIELD COUNTY FIRE NET:
23 Rescue
30 Arrived on Scene
33 Medical Emergency
50 Fire
52 Off the Radio
53 On the Radio
54 Fire Under Control
59 Phone
71 Returning to Station
79 Location ?
80 Assignment Complete
85 Radio Test
100 Drill
200 Non-Emergency

chris

PJH

Premium Subscriber
NAEMD/EFD... eh.

Love the their EMD, but EFD and EPD is something to be desired.

NA is very flexible and every center will do things differently and is allowed, as long as its consistent with the standard/protocol.

We just did: 123 Main Street - Difficulty Breathing - Charlie Response.

Another might do: 123 Main Street - 6C

Then another: 123 Main Street - 6C3

Somewhere I had a thread explaining all the response/determinate codes, but after awhile you get to know which are which.

Combine police/fire/ems and I think there are 128? numbered (or in series) major dispatch codes and then you have several sub codes after that.

IIRC you could have "Chest Pains" be a 08B4 which breaks down to "08-Chest Pains" Dispatch category followed by "B - Emergency BLS" response with -4 being "Third Party caller".

^Not 100% accurate, but you get the idea.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The lack of common language over the air, throughout the state, can be a but maddening. When I shot news for the paper up in Bristol (still the worst 89 days of my professional career before I ran screaming into the night, and quit) LCD was irritating to monitor. Now that I live in New London, it is the same issue Valley Shore is not standardized at all in their codes, nor are the dispatches and responses in New London County. It is a mix of plain English with "proprietary" codes.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
NAEMD/EFD... eh.

Love the their EMD, but EFD and EPD is something to be desired.

NA is very flexible and every center will do things differently and is allowed, as long as its consistent with the standard/protocol.

We just did: 123 Main Street - Difficulty Breathing - Charlie Response.

Another might do: 123 Main Street - 6C

Then another: 123 Main Street - 6C3

Somewhere I had a thread explaining all the response/determinate codes, but after awhile you get to know which are which.

Combine police/fire/ems and I think there are 128? numbered (or in series) major dispatch codes and then you have several sub codes after that.

IIRC you could have "Chest Pains" be a 08B4 which breaks down to "08-Chest Pains" Dispatch category followed by "B - Emergency BLS" response with -4 being "Third Party caller".

^Not 100% accurate, but you get the idea.

8 is the carbon monoxide/hazmat protocol, but yeah you get the idea, depending on the card, there are different determinants, such as with the chest pain card, 10-d-1 is not alert, 10-d-2 is difficulty speaking between breaths, 10-d-3 is changing color, and 10-d-4 is clammy. each one more than likely gets the same response as they are all delta level, but when responders have the field responder guide they can look the code up and see what the code means.

I know some dispatch centers in this state such as farmington will just say the determinant code "east farms, amr, uconn for the R5, signal 7 echo..........." because they get the same response whether its an echo 1 or an echo 6
mind you, aside from the 9 card, all other cards with an echo determinant only have echo 1

I find that the system is very beneficial on the fire side because it gives departments the ability to assign specific apparatus to every type of call. whereas before it was structure fire-3 engines, 1 truck, 1 rescue etc.
now they can break it down, smoke in the building, 2 engines, 1 truck
fire showing 3 engines 1 truck 1 rescue
commercial building, 3 engines, 2 trucks, 1 rescue, 1 squad
just as an example

PJH

Premium Subscriber
It may be annoying to you, but it's all perfect English to them :)

As long as everyone involved knows what's going on its perfectly acceptable.

You should try out the West and Mountaik west where every other "word" is a 10 or 11 code or a mix of military shorthand.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I believe the codes Farmington uses are the PD codes which are not a common set of codes.

chris

PJH

Premium Subscriber
EFD was just a catalyst to break down responses, but its initial inception was to get the proper response based on the ProQA and caller questions.

Many "defined" systems had responses to certain call types prior to the NA/Power Phone type of systems.

I will tell you, based on personal and professional experience, that for your immediate life and death situations, I DO NOT like the full implementation of ProQA for the fire and law enforcement side. Love the EMS side.

Dispatch centers that employ it for the first time, with call takers that are not experienced in emergency services (which can be helpful or hurtful) tend to treat people like they are calling customer service. Too many questions and not taking in account immediate life safety - and sometimes this happens over the radio for people requesting resources.

For instance for most of my career, if someone said their house was on fire, its was: Get out, how many people, anyone still inside, call back from a cell phone/neighbors house and FD on the way.

Now its: Whats your phone number, whats your address, whats your name, whats on fire, how did it start, is there any other dangers, can you account for anyone, etc.... Similar questions for most LE stuff. This is why we always asked for a call back and/or developed more information from 3rd party callers.

On the radio side of things, its trending for the ^ call: Caller reports that her yellow house, with 5 trees in the front yard, built in 1977 with purple shutters, shag carpet has an inception based fire located on the A/B corner of the house, but don't access from the left side as seen from the street because the fence is new. Please wipe feet before you go inside.

That gets out of control.

Simple version:
Engine 1/5/9 Ladder 3/9 Rescue 2, Chief 1 report of a structure fire 123 Main St, cross of Elm Street.

On response: Caller reports a fire in the 2nd story bedroom evacuation in progress, no further information at this time.

SIMPLE AS THAT. You do not need to tell a story of information when people are trying to plan responses (this goes for EMS as well - more useless/unneeded information given to responders generates more useless questions from the responders).

When I did some consulting/training one thing I would have the 911 center try is limiting the amount of unnecessary information given. Just the basic call types. We found that questions (usually from paramedics and middle experienced EMT's) that the less you give, the less they try to diagnose and solve the patients problem over the air - well before they even get there.

Amazing on how much radio chatter and better responses were obtained!

/Soap Box

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
I believe the codes Farmington uses are the PD codes which are not a common set of codes.

chris

pd has their own set of codes im sure

but fire has their own

when they say 7 delta, its a medical call delta response, 7 alpha medical call alpha, and so forth

Status
Not open for further replies.