November Upgrades OKWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
So looking at the site map I see Eucha, I guess that is what is listed as Jay in the DB? Should we change it to match the States list? If that is the case there are several sites that need changed, i.e. Big Cabin , Fletcher and Norman.

trumpetman

Database Admin
If they are using SmartX to combine/mirror the 3600 system to the 9600 system then the core itself is already 9600. They could turn every site over to 9600 right now as far as the zone servers are concerned, the problem is swapping out Quantars, backhaul upgrades, among other things.

The ASTRO system upgrades allow for a greater number of sites in a system, greater number of channels per site, etc. Strictly a backend update most of the time.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
If they are using SmartX to combine/mirror the 3600 system to the 9600 system then the core itself is already 9600. They could turn every site over to 9600 right now as far as the zone servers are concerned, the problem is swapping out Quantars, backhaul upgrades, among other things.

The ASTRO system upgrades allow for a greater number of sites in a system, greater number of channels per site, etc. Strictly a backend update most of the time.

Ah. I'd forgotten this thread. SmartX is exactly the upgrade they did to all OKWIN sites in February.

Tell us more about this, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.