Pro-106: Signall Stalker II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBFD415

I hate to sound ignorant, I've had the RS 106 for some time, but for the life of me can not figure the Signal Stalker out, specifically how to toggle it OFF! (or the entries off!)

I never specifically purposely used it, but obviously it is now actively running, I get a constant and highly annoying signal popping up as a "conventional" entry "01-0148" Display says: FM 158.6400 STLK 158.6400" with a CTCSS of 118.8. I use ARC500 software, when I open the software and download the radio the above mentioned 01-0148 is not in the conventional entries. There is nothing like this entered in the various search parameters. There is no specific menu for Signal stalker in the ARC500.

So recap- I have a constant and highly annoying entry that comes up- 158.6400, sounds like perhaps a utility company data stream, I must lock it out each time I change batteries or turn unit on and off. I read through the Signal Stalker entry in the manual and found little useful to go on. Anybody have a thought on this?

R

retiredmich

This may help you out, To turn 'Special Stalker/Sweeper on or off press F2 (spcl). SPCL (uppercase) indicates 'Special' is active.
I sent you a PM also.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
From what you have described, it doesn't seem like you actually have Signal Stalker turned on or programmed. The object you are describing sounds like a result of running Signal Stalker and then storing a frequency it has stopped on.

I don't have any experience with ARC500, but I would imagine it would be under the Conventional section of the Object Browser. If not, check the Spectrum Sweeper under the Object Browser to see if you can find it. Something else you might want to note is that "01-0148" actually means Object ID 0148, so you would need to search for whatever has that Object ID.

You can either delete it or permanently lock it out to stop it for good. It would probably be faster by hand, but doing it by software would be just as good. I would probably delete it, especially if you will never listen to it.

To delete it:
1) MAN
2) 0148
3) SEL/ENT
4) PGM
5) FUNC
6) CL
7) F1 (YES)

To do a permanent lockout:
1) MAN
2) 0148
3) FUNC
4) L/OUT

After doing a permanent lockout, it should display a 'L' at the top right corner. The scanner will never stop on it again until you remove the lockout, but it will remain in memory.

As a final note, reading or referencing the Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual might be helpful in learning what you can do with your Pro-106.

mainetrunk

Personally, I dedicate 1 bank to signal stalking.
That way I can turn it on and off at will.
Make sure it is on the band you wanna stalk.
If you want to do more than 1 band, put anther signal stalker in the same bank.
I have 2 in 1 bank, along with the murs/gmrs search.
I would put it in bank 20...
That way, real quick, hit FUNC 2.
You are now stalking--your choice of bands.ANY probs--pm me...
If I can teach a guy to use search on a Uniden 15X--with tags,
I can teach you how to properly signal stalk..
P-S, sorry to mention the competition---:)

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Signal Stalker and More

You already got the correct answers you need so here is a link to a manual that helps to look over from time to time. It's laid out pretty well with pictures making it easy to use.

Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

I hate to sound ignorant, I've had the RS 106 for some time, but for the life of me can not figure the Signal Stalker out, specifically how to toggle it OFF! (or the entries off!)

I never specifically purposely used it, but obviously it is now actively running, I get a constant and highly annoying signal popping up as a "conventional" entry "01-0148" Display says: FM 158.6400 STLK 158.6400" with a CTCSS of 118.8. I use ARC500 software, when I open the software and download the radio the above mentioned 01-0148 is not in the conventional entries. There is nothing like this entered in the various search parameters. There is no specific menu for Signal stalker in the ARC500.

So recap- I have a constant and highly annoying entry that comes up- 158.6400, sounds like perhaps a utility company data stream, I must lock it out each time I change batteries or turn unit on and off. I read through the Signal Stalker entry in the manual and found little useful to go on. Anybody have a thought on this?

RBFD415

Wow, Thanks so much for all the input!
And yes it worked and I'm rid of the annoyance!
I will be saving the information for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.