Vasili Beliakov site down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boatanchor

Vasili Beliakov plugin site is down, hope its temporary his plugins are what make SDRSHARP.

Maybe it will be back up as rtl-sdrplay.ru :)

Its possible Vasili was having as many problems with SDR# as others here.
I run both Airspy and SDRPlay front ends and even with Airspy, running the latest version of SDR#, many of Vasili's plugins no longer work properly or cause the program to crash.

From what I can see, SDR# has become increasingly unstable as successive updates were released.

atouk

Maybe it will be back up as rtl-sdrplay.ru :)

Its possible Vasili was having as many problems with SDR# as others here.
I run both Airspy and SDRPlay front ends and even with Airspy, running the latest version of SDR#, many of Vasili's plugins no longer work properly or cause the program to crash.

From what I can see, SDR# has become increasingly unstable as successive updates were released.

Vasili's site is up and operational. RTL-SDR

Any plugin not working is because of the swith to .NET 5.3, and not any compatability problems with SDR# itself. Vasili is pretty quick to fix any bugs or other issues that pop up, and at this time AFAIK, all of the plugins on his site are working properly with the latest version of SDR#.

As to "stability problems", on both my Windows 10 machine (desktop), and Windows 7 (laptop), SDR# (.1426) workds without crashes, freezes, or other issues.

Vasili is practically the "Official Plugin Maker" for SDR#.

While the switch to .NET 5.3 did cause some things to "break", and lost compatability with XP, blame MS, not Youssef. The latest .NET library and switch to VS 2015 means faster and more compact code, better compatability, and the potential for more features.

For the people that complain that their specific device is not supported, stuff happens. I remember when my top of the line ATI Rage Fury Max X2 video card was no longer supported when a new version of Windows was released. I could probobly list half a dozen other pieces of hardware that became unsupported with software changes.

The Youssef bashing I've seen here has been pretty petty and personal. Some posters behave as if he kicked their dog and made fat jokes about their mom.

Yes some hardware is no longer supported. Yes the AS may have "features" that the other supported devices don't. But lets also remember that the AS also has hardware that the other devices don't. SDR# is being written to take advantage of the specific hardware on the AS. His software written to support his hardware. If decisions made to the software archetecture or marketing force compatability issues other hardware, for every SDRPlay user complaining, there are as many AS users happily using SDR#.

SDR# is free, it works with RTL dongles as well as other hardware, and it's arguably the best SDR software for low cost, and some expensive, SDR hardware. For newcomers to radio, as a educational tool for radio theory, for casual operators, or even an addition to the shack for the experienced ham, it's a valuable and appreciated tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.