Cecil Co. Edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Hello, so I was using DSD and Unitrunker on the Cecil Co. system and this is what I found. The talkgroups sent were showing Decimal on my Unitrunker. I am listening by using Unitrunker, 2 dongles, and DSD. I am trying to listen more but not familiar with the area and how many Pd us the system. So far these are the talkgroups I logged and the info. Hopefully someone in the area with better knowledge can assist. The only problem is that Edacs tg dont normally go that high.??

Tg
4225- FD/EMS Dispatch
4226- FD/EMS Tac 6
4227- Unknown
4228- Unknown

4231- EMS Ops
4237- Unknown
4238- Unknown
4239- EMS Dispatch

4737- Pd unknown
4745- Pd unknown town
4746- North East? Pd

8321- Unknown
8450- Unknown
8451- Public Works
8578- Unknown
8705- Unknown
8707- Unknown

Some Radio Ids

802- Dispatch EMS?
806- Dispatch FD/EMS
809- Dispatch Sheriff
810- Dispatch PD
3292- Medic 392
3295- Medic 394
3510- Chief 4 portable
3511- Chief 4 mobile
3703- Rescue 4
3795- Ambulance 493

Septa3371CSX1

I presume you're monitoring from Cape May County? I know the system has lots of power and range so I don't see it as being impossible.

This system is not a "traditional" EDACS system like most of us are used to. This is why the talkgroups seem much higher than they normally go.

Is everything Pro Voice Digital?

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I am monitoring from CMC. It accually drives me crazy because it uses 2 freqs close to local fire ground channel. So I figured I would monitor and see what I can get for the database. The moderator said it wouldnt allow him to enter the tgs do to the numbers. So I posted to see what others can do that know the area.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm...I think you are seeing EDACS talkgroups in another format - typically, EDACS talkgroups are xx-xxx (fleet-subfleet) in format, which might account for you seeing them that 'high'

Mike

Last edited:

Septa3371CSX1

Whether the talkgroup is DEC or AFS nothing should be over DEC 2047 for an EDACS system. If it's possible to get the talkgroups converted over to AFS we could figure out if they're in range or not (likely not). As I mentioned last night this is a different kind of EDACS where scanners read the control channel as LCN 0 and scanners cannot pick up any traffic on the system - even analog in conventional mode.

DisasterGuy

Cecil is EDACS IP Extended Addressing and as such permits higher values than would otherwise be seen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Will the database accept these talkgroup values?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't see why not - there's got to be more than a few AFS-Dec converters on the web somewhere. Google is your friend...Mike

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
At one point, on the CCDES webpage, there was an online training program with a pretty detailed talk group layout. Anyone have this still?

riveter

Premium Subscriber
I don't see why not - there's got to be more than a few AFS-Dec converters on the web somewhere. Google is your friend...Mike

Doctor Google is my very best friend, and I use him liberally, but there's a rather large problem with this particular requirement:

Standard EDACS TGIDs are 11 bit, which breaks up in AFS as a 4 bit fleet ID and a 4+3 group ID. The EDACS EA ones look to be 16 bits. Does that mean we get a 4 bit fleet ID plus a 4+4+3 group ID, or some other grouping? You certainly can't feed it to any of the online AFS/DEC converters- they all throw an error because it exceeds the maximum assignable number for standard EDACS.

EDIT: [deleted]

EDIT EDIT: NEVER MIND ALL OF THE ABOVE.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: For some reason, TGIDs seem to come out very sensibly on the ONE online converter that will take them... by truncating the first 5 bits, to give a normal AFS. Is there a system identifier/superagency or other EDACS EA identifier that takes up those first five bits?

For the converter, See Here.

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Cecil County EDACS

Can anyone confirm that the Radio Reference DB is correct concerning the LCN order?
I've been anticipating the new feature and went ahead and programmed the system into my 436.
I clearly am getting sufficient signal, but nothing pops up when scanning.
I understand that I won't actually hear anything yet; But wouldn't I see active TG id's pop up anyway?
Has anyone else tried putting the system in their x36's?
Did you have a better result than me?
Will the soon to be released Provoice Firmware Feature Upgrade somehow change this behavior or do I have the settings wrong somehow?

Cecil County Trunking System, Elkton, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

DisasterGuy

I do not no for sure what the 436 is capable of but as noted Cecil uses ESK and Extended Addressing. Both of these items, if not supported yet in the x36, would cause the scanner to be unable to appropriately follow the control channel.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm that the Radio Reference DB is correct concerning the LCN order?
I've been anticipating the new feature and went ahead and programmed the system into my 436.
I clearly am getting sufficient signal, but nothing pops up when scanning.
I understand that I won't actually hear anything yet; But wouldn't I see active TG id's pop up anyway?
Has anyone else tried putting the system in their x36's?
Did you have a better result than me?
Will the soon to be released Provoice Firmware Feature Upgrade somehow change this behavior or do I have the settings wrong somehow?

Cecil County Trunking System, Elkton, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

You have to wait for the firmware upgrade. The system uses Extended Addressing. Support for Extended Addressing maybe part of the firmware upgrade rather than needing to also buy the $50 Provoice option.

73 Eric

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Using the BCD436HP/BCD536HP on Cecil County EDACS with ProVoice Upgrade and Extended Addressing support, the units track Cecil County with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.