WV SIRN Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I am trying to determine the correct sites that I need for the WV SIRN System to receive Mercer County Sheriffs Office (5407), Bluefield PD (5409), Princeton PD (5411), McDowell SO (5507), Wyoming SO (5807),and all of WVSP. I am using ARC 500 Programming Software. I would not like to use a wildcard for each talk group if I can help it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I would put all the Mercer towers in and depending on what direction you live from that area, I myself would add either Greenbrier, Wyoming or Raleigh Co. in too.

fredva

Feed Provider

fredva

Feed Provider
I believe for most scanners, you should be able to program in just the primary and alternate control channels. You probably don't need to enter the voice channels, as the scanner will determine which voice channel is being used by reading the data in the control channel and start monitoring that voice frequency. It's best to have both primary and alternate CC because if if a site is switched from primary to alternate and you don't have the alternate you may be wondering why you aren't hearing anything.

anelson5004

I programmed both primary and alternate control channels, and 453.850 keys up as a VC and its not even listed in the 28 frequencies in the trunk system. I used the following tower sites when I programmed it. I am 45 minutes away from Princeton WV. If I am missing any sites I should have please let me know.
Welch NE
Welch SW
McComas
Bluefield
Flat Top
Alderson
White Sulphur Springs
Twin Falls
Kopperston
Pax
Beckley
Ansted
Panther
Glen Jean
Elgood
Quinwood
Lewisburg

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Fred is right. Primary and Alternate CC are good enough. If You see channels that are not in the database then they have added new ones to that tower. Also You have the right towers in. I was checking Your list. You should pick up real good. Are You using a outdoor antenna or a stock antenna?

fredva

Feed Provider
I saw from another post of yours that you are 45 minutes away from Princeton in Virginia. If you happen to be more or less south of Princeton, you may be too far away to receive the UHF SIRN system at your location. It may depend on the height of your antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.