Denver NOAA Transmitter Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

county

Premium Subscriber
FYI the KEC76 Denver (Glendale) NOAA Weather Radio transmitter is down. 162.55. Hearing the Cheyenne Transmitter instead on that freq. I reported it to NWS just now.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
I'm between Denver and Boulder right now. The only NWS I hear at all is the (Colorado Springs) Cheyenne Mountain site. 162.475.. Very odd.

county

Premium Subscriber
There was a forecast headline on the NWS forecast page stating they were experiencing "technical difficulties" for weather radio in N & NE CO. I also got a phone call stating the same shortly after I left a message about the issue,

Regardless, Denver at least, is back up and running.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Must be back online. I hear 162.475 here in Northern CO.

I bought two weather radios with SAME when we had that bad weather during the summer. Great little device. Before that I would just tune my scanner.

Where is the tower for 162.475 here in Northern CO anyway? I believe this is Mead? I'm in Loveland.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
WXM51 is 'advertised' as Mead/Longmont. It's actually located up the hill on the NW corner of County Line and Wasatch along with a million and one other antennae on the towers on both sides of County Line there. The Mead DTRS site is right across the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.