Jefferson County Conventional Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlong

Database Admin
Hi all,

I was monitoring Jeff Co on the SIRN the other day while traveling in Loudoun County and I heard a box alarm get struck out. Instead of the dispatcher telling the units to switch to TAC-1, they had the units (Shepherdstown area) switch over to Jeff Conventional 2. I guess that also means there is a Conventional 1, too.

Does anyone have any clue what these two frequencies might be? I was too far away to search them out at the time. I would also suspect these frequencies are also being used for NOC Box unlocks as well.

I did a search of the FCC database and only found two UHF freqs not being used on the Kearneysville site's listing. They are:

I've had these in my scanner in my house in Ranson for years and have never copied anything on them. So I might be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

atlong

Database Admin
Another thought is that there may be two frequencies used in each site around the state for similar situations. Any idea if that is a possibility? Thx.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I was monitoring Jeff Co on the SIRN the other day while traveling in Loudoun County and I heard a box alarm get struck out. Instead of the dispatcher telling the units to switch to TAC-1, they had the units (Shepherdstown area) switch over to Jeff Conventional 2. I guess that also means there is a Conventional 1, too.

Does anyone have any clue what these two frequencies might be? I was too far away to search them out at the time. I would also suspect these frequencies are also being used for NOC Box unlocks as well.

I did a search of the FCC database and only found two UHF freqs not being used on the Kearneysville site's listing. They are:

I've had these in my scanner in my house in Ranson for years and have never copied anything on them. So I might be wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
They maybe new(er) voice channels. I don't monitor Jefferson Co. enough to give a better answer than was giving about them meaning the VHF channels.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ambdrvr

Premium Subscriber
Jefferson Conventional 1 + 2

I did some programming a while back for an agency in northern Virginia and included in that was Jefferson Conventional 1 and 2. I cannot find my files at the moment however I do see that Jefferson County has a license (WQFW516) showing both of the above mentioned frequencies. They are listed as lower power 35 watt mobile use frequencies. I believe they are used as "fireground" channels but not sure exactly. If memory serves me correct they are using DPL 466 with these channels.

Hope this helps.

ambdrvr

Premium Subscriber
From the APX I was able to pull up before leaving work I show 453.5625 as Jeff Conv 1 so by process of elimination I'd say the other is Conv 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.