Quick Disconnects and Hamsticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

Just wondering if anyone is using quick disconnects with there hamsticks or Mfj Monoband antennas?

Looking to use 20,40 and maybe 80 meter ham sticks with my Yaesu ft-857 with NO auto tuner, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the quick disconnects or swr, and what brand of quick disconnects did you use.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Some options:

Hustler QD-2

Tarheel KD-T

Breedlove

The Hustler has a somewhat poor reputation, but that may be due to it being used in situations that place higher stress on the mount than it was designed for.

The Breedlove stuff appears to be very well made.

cmdrwill

Adding the quick disconnect does change the tuning of the 'Hamstick, and other antennas. Because the added length.

Ground plane or radials are a very important part of the 'hamstick' antenna system.

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Just wondering if anyone is using quick disconnects with there hamsticks or Mfj Monoband antennas?

Looking to use 20,40 and maybe 80 meter ham sticks with my Yaesu ft-857 with NO auto tuner, just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the quick disconnects or swr, and what brand of quick disconnects did you use.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992
Mike im using a Ham stick for 10 Meter Mobile and works pretty good,but not with the quick disconnect i am using a 3/8 stud mount......

Status
Not open for further replies.