South Central Power company freqs/TGs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8DLA

Hoping someone has some knowledge on this one...

I am in northern Pickaway county (just south of Grove City) and I wish to hear my power company crews if possible. I have programmed Franklin, Fairfield and Ross county AEP sites and have always had success hearing the "Columbus Trouble" TGs when I lived in Franklin county. I still hear them just fine today.

According to the database, South Central Power has several TGs on the AEP trunk system, but I've never heard SCP crews, even during active power outages that affect my home.

Could they be on another system, perhaps their own repeater(s) across the southern counties they serve?

Appreciate any insight on where to find them.

N8DLA

Ah. Well, thanks for the quick response Rakko. I had not even considered looking to MARCS IP. Problem solved.

I get my MARCS IP traffic off the Discovery tower in Grove City since I listen to GCPD/Jackson Fire and Pickaway LEO/Fire is still on their own trunk system.

What MARCS IP site do you hear them on? Is it possible the SCP crews could roam into Discovery site's range?

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
Oh yea. I hear them on pataskala and Columbus all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Ah. Well, thanks for the quick response Rakko. I had not even considered looking to MARCS IP. Problem solved.

I get my MARCS IP traffic off the Discovery tower in Grove City since I listen to GCPD/Jackson Fire and Pickaway LEO/Fire is still on their own trunk system.

What MARCS IP site do you hear them on? Is it possible the SCP crews could roam into Discovery site's range?

Columbus MARCS or Circleville, but not Discovery. They're not permitted to roam there.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I believe they still have the old radio system in their truck but i could be wrong. I don't to AEP anymore since they went to MARCS-IP

au1344

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand, Discovery is part of the Franklin County Tier 4 system meaning that only county TGs can roam there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

You may want to try the Orient Site.

N8DLA

Columbus MARCS or Circleville, but not Discovery. They're not permitted to roam there.

Is Columbus MARCS (IP?) considered the "City Of Columbus-owned" equivalent of Franklin County Simulcast MARCS IP?

I tried loading the "Columbus MARCS" site from Freescan into my 396XT and selected only the Rural Elec Co-ops, but the scanner seemed to "trip over" that site (Columbus MARCS) as it scanned between Discovery site (for GCPD) and Columbus MARCS site. It could be that I am at the edge of the receive coverage for this Columbus MARCS I suppose.

As for SCP crews, I may have to wait until there are storms, etc. that would generate SCPower crew radio traffic to confirm which site I can find them on. I don't know what their amount of daily radio traffic is.

RakkFO

Premium Subscriber
I hear them all day long. More active than I would have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.