Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger0034

With the new Uniden X36 upgrade coming out soon, anybody know how this will affect monitoring the FL SLERS ? Will FHP be able to be heard ? Anybody know who is encrypted and who isn't ?
I'll definitely get the upgrade either way, but just curious if it'll be worth the full $50. Thanks

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No go...thats a dead end in a wall .

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

blackbelter

The new upgrade will enable the X36 radios to monitor State of florida EDAC , PV system with ESK enabled.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If they do push it out in Dec for the firmware. By 2017 Edacs will be going away. So for now in the SLERS you will able to hear the F/R in Walton and Okaloosa and Okeechobee which they are open and using Digital. I'm not even sure if FDOT is on that system I don't hear them on their VHF.

I forgot Flagler County uses Edacs/Provoice Not sure if the LEO is "E".

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4822

Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Last edited:

james32746

Premium Subscriber
FDOT roadway maintenance crews are VHF-Low, FDOT Road Rangers are on SLERS (and encrypted because they are dispatched by FHP).

Flagler County SO is encrypted (because Flagler County follows the SLERS guidelines for their radio system when it comes to talkgroups, except they use analog instead of clear ProVoice for non LEA communications)

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
As others have mentioned, FHP is encrypted statewide as are the other numerous other LE agencies on the system. Unfortunately this upgrade is coming a little too late, at least down here in south Florida (can't speak for the rest of Florida). For example, the only two Pro Voice systems in Miami Dade county are Coral Gables and SLERS. Coral Gables recently modified their FCC licenses to reflect P25 phase 2, so it's only a matter of time before they switch, and SLERS has nothing unencrypted down here AFAIK. But like bravo14 mentioned, they (SLERS) are on track for P25 as well.

Last edited:

K4SVT

Banned
But the State of Florida is Provoice DES...Encrypted...my P7200 wont even pick it up

mk262

Premium Subscriber
If they do push it out in Dec for the firmware. By 2017 Edacs will be going away. So for now in the SLERS you will able to hear the F/R in Walton and Okaloosa and Okeechobee which they are open and using Digital. I'm not even sure if FDOT is on that system I don't hear them on their VHF.

I forgot Flagler County uses Edacs/Provoice Not sure if the LEO is "E".

Flagler County Public Services Trunking System, Flagler County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Flagler has no encryption that I've seen during my somewhat limited research. Plenty of clear provoice though.

wise871

Database Admin
The only good thing for me is I'll once again be able to listen to Okaloosa and Walton County Fire and EMS. Also Okaloosa Airport operations is on SLERS so I'll be able to hear them if I decided to pay for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radiomanNJ1

The only good thing for me is I'll once again be able to listen to Okaloosa and Walton County Fire and EMS. Also Okaloosa Airport operations is on SLERS so I'll be able to hear them if I decided to pay for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I finally got an answer that Fire and other government is not encrypted. Okeechobee fire is on the system but I guess no one ever tried to listen.

mitbr

Uniden provoice upgrade and SLERS

Here in Clearwater I am monitoring the SLERS Clearwater site on my 436hp decoding just fine so far everything is encrypted though which is not a surprise .
Tim

SOFA_KING

Looks like I finally got an answer that Fire and other government is not encrypted. Okeechobee fire is on the system but I guess no one ever tried to listen.

Heard my first PV transmission. Okeechobee rescue. Sounded like P25, but I need more chatter.

My local Port St. Lucie, Ft. Pierce and Minute Maid towers are not in the database. I know where these three are, and they are not listed in Sentinel. And I keep seeing ID 01-125 pop up with no audio on an "Unknown" system. I'm guessing that one is encrypted. Can't use location control (nothing to scan), and I have to use ID search.

Well at least I heard one PV transmission!

Phil

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Heard my first PV transmission. Okeechobee rescue. Sounded like P25, but I need more chatter.
Phil

Im sure they are using digital voice. So far I am picking up is okaloosa ems disp and Walton fr tg. I guess wait til Monday see what we will pick up.

SOFA_KING

Im sure they are using digital voice. So far I am picking up is okaloosa ems disp and Walton fr tg. I guess wait til Monday see what we will pick up.

Got another fire/ems dispatch on 01-146.

OK...it is obvious I will need to start getting the control channels in range and LCN pattern for them. The first part is an easy search. I hear a bunch from my house. What tool in the scanner can I use to then get the logical channel order?

Once I can lock onto those towers, I can search and record everything to try and figure out what is down here. Any help for a novice EDACS listener/searcher would be appreciated. Thanks!

Phil

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Got another fire/ems dispatch on 01-146.

OK...it is obvious I will need to start getting the control channels in range and LCN pattern for them. The first part is an easy search. I hear a bunch from my house. What tool in the scanner can I use to then get the logical channel order?

Once I can lock onto those towers, I can search and record everything to try and figure out what is down here. Any help for a novice EDACS listener/searcher would be appreciated. Thanks!

Phil

I used sdr dongle and unitrunker. I used a scanner to hear the beep sound and write the freq and than sat on the freq I wrote down I'll look at unitrunker to fill in the blank lcn. The x36 does put lcn auto correct.

K4SVT

Banned
Anyone know what site is Scottsmoore?

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I do not understand why anybody is surprised to find all LEO activity on SLERS to be encrypted. It's always been like that and has always been described as such in the RR database.

There's a little bit of provoice, non-encrypted activity but it's not going to be FHP. I'm not aware of any law enforcement agency on SLERS that isn't encrypted. Some fire-rescue and some support functions use ProVoice without encryption.

This is hardly fresh news. The original SLERS system spec back when it was a Motorola system under construction specified that FHP would run full time encryption, as I recall. That's never changed even though the system type and vendor did, in a particularly nasty and underhanded deal that screwed the taxpayers and got the state a unique and uniquely overpriced system with no alternative vendor's products being compatible with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.