Dsd+ and a trs voice channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am running sdsharp 1413 with dsd+1.51. I was running sdsharp and forgot dsd was running in the backround. I was searching for new freqs in the 700 / 800 mhz range when sdsharp locked onto a voice channel from trunked system in my area. The trunked system is an Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface. It was a digital talk group and decodes the audio pretty well.

But what I notice is the tg in question is listed on radio reference as XXXXX (five digit format) and that is what displays on my Bcd436hp as well. But dsd is displaying the tg as XXXX (four digit format). The radio id's match on the scanner and in dsd .

Is dsd supposed to display the correct tg from a trunked system voice channel or not?

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you divide the 5 digit TG by 16, does it match the 4 digit one?
Also, I suspect you are using DSD and not DSDPlus if you have version 1.51

chris

slicerwizard

But what I notice is the tg in question is listed on radio reference as XXXXX (five digit format) and that is what displays on my Bcd436hp as well. But dsd is displaying the tg as XXXX (four digit format). The radio id's match on the scanner and in dsd .

Is dsd supposed to display the correct tg from a trunked system voice channel or not?
You're monitoring a voice channel on an older Motorola system that uses 3600 bps control channels. Scanners and RR multiply the true talkgroup numbers by 16 on that type of system, so you'll see group IDs like 16, 32, 48, 64, ...

On full blown P25 systems, scanners and RR display the real talkgroup numbers, so you see 1, 2, 3, 4, ...

Since the P25 voice transmissions look identical on both types of systems, I don't think DSD or DSD+ could automatically switch between the true group IDs and the x16 IDs.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you divide the 5 digit TG by 16, does it match the 4 digit one?

I will try that later when I see the id again. Cant think of it at the moment.

Also, I suspect you are using DSD and not DSDPlus if you have version 1.51

I am using DSD PLUS

Lol I was gonna ask why you thought that. Did some research and see that its actually listed wrong on the wiki. DSDPlus - The RadioReference Wiki
Its says dsd plus1.51 and its really dsdplus 1.051. Just downloaded 1.074. Is that the latest version?

You're monitoring a voice channel on an older Motorola system that uses 3600 bps control channels. Scanners and RR multiply the true talkgroup numbers by 16 on that type of system, so you'll see group IDs like 16, 32, 48, 64, ...

On full blown P25 systems, scanners and RR display the real talkgroup numbers, so you see 1, 2, 3, 4, ...

Since the P25 voice transmissions look identical on both types of systems, I don't think DSD or DSD+ could automatically switch between the true group IDs and the x16 IDs.

I see, That makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.