Ottawa Provoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpsmicro

Just in the nick of too late. Ottawa is months away from retiring the old EDACS system in favor of the new P25 phase 2 system. In fact, it was supposed to have already happened but they're a teensy bit (like a year) behind schedule. But activity is ramping up slowly. Hope nobody is that keen to toss US$50 out the window.

VE3JSO

save your money edacs and provoice is slowly going away making room for p25 phase two or mototrbo agencies are looking to migrate like ottawa- p25 phase 2 and lambton county looking at switching to mototrbo

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Chatham-Kent police are also ProVoice... I've heard they will be transitioning to P25 within the next few years as well.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Chatham-Kent police are also ProVoice... I've heard they will be transitioning to P25 within the next few years as well.

EDACS hamsters are gettin' tired continent-wide. You have any idea how hard they have to spin those little wheels to make that buzzing sound on the CC?

Zhaldorian

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to hear it...

...as I've been processing it manually on a spare notebook with an SDR. The copy is less than stellar and in fact I tend to turn it off as it hurts my ears! As an emergency services listener, it would be nice to hear what's going on more than the OPP and putting the clues together with EMS and OFS calls.

The question is though, how long exactly will it be before it migrates over to P25? Yes, it's already a year late, but how many more will it be?

$50 for 1 or 2 years doesn't sound like big deal to me. Of course I only have a BCD396XT, so I've got to ask myself, will Phase II be useful to me here, or will anything I'm interested in be encrypted.

Zhaldorian

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber

$50 for 1 or 2 years doesn't sound like big deal to me.

Zhaldorian

I'm looking at it that way, too. I'm a little gun shy from the siren app fiasco, so I think I'll sit back and see how this upgrade rolls out. But if it is successful, I'll probably buy a 436xt and the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.