Lehigh Valley, Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

Just curious what everyone is using for scanner here in the Lehigh Valley and what interest in monitoring are. Using my pro164 current still has yet to upgrade to digital as long as my county services stay in the clear im waiting for that move.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Hi Steve,
Well I have several scanners Couple 536's 996P2, 996XT, 15X, 652, HP2 and a good old RS2006. I listen to everything I can. Bucks, Berks, Lehigh, Northampton with a scanner committed to each county. Law, Fire, EMS and the local Hospitals. I just enjoy it all. Began scanning back in 1974 and at the same time got my first Ham ticket.. Been hooked on anything radio ever since. Now, I have had multiple back and neck surgeries that have really slowed me down. Fortunately, I have radio which requires little physical attributes.. These newer radio's really help with the mental gymnastics so for now, besides being in near intolerable pain, I am happy I have radio.

Mike

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
Mike would you mind if I pm'd you about the HP2? Just got mine in today and have a few questions but don't want to offtrack from the thread.

as per the thread I'm up in Monroe and pick up quite a bit south into Lehigh valley. I use a 996XT, a 125AT for mobile and an old rc something that was expensive lol. Soon to be a HP2 in my truck.

Hi Steve,
Well I have several scanners Couple 536's 996P2, 996XT, 15X, 652, HP2 and a good old RS2006. I listen to everything I can. Bucks, Berks, Lehigh, Northampton with a scanner committed to each county. Law, Fire, EMS and the local Hospitals. I just enjoy it all. Began scanning back in 1974 and at the same time got my first Ham ticket.. Been hooked on anything radio ever since. Now, I have had multiple back and neck surgeries that have really slowed me down. Fortunately, I have radio which requires little physical attributes.. These newer radio's really help with the mental gymnastics so for now, besides being in near intolerable pain, I am happy I have radio.

Mike

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Hi Steve, The 396/996xt's will do both Bethlehem and Allentown if you don't want to move to a phase 2 scanner yet. You can use Freescan to program, which works well. You can also program from the keypad, although to me it's a hassle to scroll through the letters to input the alpha tags.

The Pro651 also works rather well. Never tried to program the 651 without software though. I use Win500.

I use the RS 800Mhz antenna on both scanners.

Knowing how you like to find new frequencies, I would recommend the 396/996Xt. I think you'll love the close call feature.

I imagine the Whistler 1080/1090 is basically the same as the Psr-800. I only have the GRE 800, but it comes in very handy searching for frequencies with it's recording feature. Spectrum Sweeper is nice too, which is kind of like Uniden's close call. I know the 436/536 has a recording feature, but unlike the Unidens, the GRE/Whistler allows for per channel recording on programmed frequencies. With GRE/Whistler you can record all of your search hits for review later. It also has the IF out feature, which is great for decoding DMR with DSD+. The 1095 is coming out soon with a keypad to allow programming from the front end.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.