Uniden Announces EDACS ProVoice Scanning Upgrade for BCDx36HP line of radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

Does it work if you have mixed modes on the same talkgroup, for example the dispatcher is analog and the mobiles are digital?

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Provoice

I Have a BCD536HP..but i own a Harris P7200 that does Provoice so im not sure i'll be gettign this upgrade..but good that uniden finally came up with a way to listen to provoice..

blackbelter

would this feature also includes capability to monitor EDAC pro voice system with ESK enabled?

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
How are encrypted ProVoice transmissions handled? Automatically locked out and muted?

plato

Edacs-Provoice on the BCD436HP & BCD536HP

When I read this this morning, the first thought that came to my mind is "Why the hell bother," "TO LITTLE TO LATE" and "MANY YEARS and DOLLARS TOO LATE!!!!!!! How many years has the scanner people wanted pro voice on their scanners????? At least 10,maybe MORE!!!!! It's to late now. Harris is replacing all the EDAC-Provoice system with P-25 phase 1 and 2 systems!!!!!!! Why don't Uniden put all the digital modes on the above mentioned scanners that the AOR AR-DV1 HAS!!! All those digital modes are OPEN STANDARD!!!!!! Look toward the future Uniden-Paul Optiz, not the past!!!!! I will say Uniden did a good job with the BCD436-536HP scanner!!!! I have both they are they are great scanners!!! Just add the above mentioned digital modes and it would go beyond what they are now!!! Dave Richman. KB2-VXL.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Simple, you don't need ProVoice, don't buy it. I'd like DMR too, but hell yes, ProVoice, it's about time! Woo ho!:cool:

TDR-94

Now the ProVoice groups can start encrypting more traffic. Thanks Uniden!

ludek-brno

ProVoice

As always, I Uniden very disappointed.
Provoice $ 50 for a few hundred individuals.
For me useless update.
No thanks.
I waited here NXDN / IDAS.Or MDC1200

vans113

Premium Subscriber
Its awesome they have support for this , but sadly hardly anyone is using provoice this stuff is way on his way out now and getting replaced with p25 systems.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to see a list of all ProVoice users? I'm wondering if I'll run across enough of them to justify the expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.