Any DSDPlus users monitoring SLERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
I just curious if there were any other DSD+ users in Florida that monitor SLERS? If so are you picking up any traffic in the clear besides what is listed on Radio Reference. Just seeing if any other users plan to upgrade to there x36 with the PV update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wise871

Database Admin
Let's hope I'll be able to listen to this on the x36. Until I see confirmation from another Florida user I'm not buying it. Confirmation means actual voice audio, not just tracking a site like Unitrunker. We also know users have to figure out the LCN order. Wonder if the new ProVoice add on will do that for us if we just enter the control channel.

http://youtu.be/L6MGjzl_z4M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Barney6

Premium Subscriber
If I had a site to listen to (Citrus site 153?) I might try the upgrade to my 436. Until then my answer is no go with the upgrade. I will not be back in Fla. till after the holidays anyway. Chuck.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Dan, In EDCAS you need to assign a frequency to an LCN unlike P25 where it assigns automatically with only entering the control channels.

Now since there's more incentive, I can monitor the local Orlando SLEERS site with DSDPlus to see if anything non-LE is clear.

Joe

Let's hope I'll be able to listen to this on the x36. Until I see confirmation from another Florida user I'm not buying it. Confirmation means actual voice audio, not just tracking a site like Unitrunker. We also know users have to figure out the LCN order. Wonder if the new ProVoice add on will do that for us if we just enter the control channel.

http://youtu.be/L6MGjzl_z4M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wise871

Database Admin
Hi Dan, In EDCAS you need to assign a frequency to an LCN unlike P25 where it assigns automatically with only entering the control channels.

Now since there's more incentive, I can monitor the local Orlando SLEERS site with DSDPlus to see if anything non-LE is clear.

Joe

Joe
I hear you on assigning freqs to an LCN. I have about another dozen sites figured out in Northern Florida I need to update in the database but I'm going to hold off for now. It can take days to find the correct LCN order. Why do all the work for Uniden when they have folks in the state that can figure it out.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I guess they can add a feature to automatically figure out the correct LCN order kind of like it's done for LTR repeater numbers. But I would not hold my breath on that.

Joe
I hear you on assigning freqs to an LCN. I have about another dozen sites figured out in Northern Florida I need to update in the database but I'm going to hold off for now. It can take days to find the correct LCN order. Why do all the work for Uniden when they have folks in the state that can figure it out.

wise871

Database Admin
I guess they can add a feature to automatically figure out the correct LCN order kind of like it's done for LTR repeater numbers. But I would not hold my breath on that.

I hear you. That why I asked if the ProVoice update was tested in Florida. SLERS LCN can be a nightmare. UPMan said yes with very little info. Be nice to know if it figure out the correct LCN or do users still have to provide the sort order.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
I definitely hear you on trying to figure out the LCN order since the system is digital and busy in some area (like Orlando). At least if it was analog you can follow along with the conversation.

Maybe wait until the system is not so busy at night?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
When I was using the dsdplus and unitrunker only talkgroups I hear are listed on rrdb. I didn't no other open traffic.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
It will be a waste of time. In months of scanning I've found one clear talkgroup for radio testing.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have used DSD plus on Okaloosa and Walton County. I used it at night when there was less traffic so I could hear the radio traffic. There was a lot of patches to the VHF and UHF. Not really worth the trouble because you have to sit in front of the radio and change frequencies every few seconds to follow the radio traffic.

tampatracker

It's encrypted. Nothing in a scanner will allow you to receive it. This is certain for law enforcement. No one has answered on Fire or any other users.

This is correct, don't think that the Pro Voice update on the 436 will allow you to monitor SLERS all of a sudden, unfortunately. The encryption is licensed and proprietary, which means it cannot be included in a scanners firmware/software legally.

TDR-94

SLERS was designed from the beginning to prohibit the monitoring of state and federal law enforcement agencies,especially through the use of any commercially available radio communication equipment and scanning devices as well as preventing any unauthorized radios from being able to be programmed to transmit or receive on the system.

ENC is the great equalizer. Neither the law or technology allows you the capability to decrypt the current standards in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.