Audio from app and using for feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

Hello all, I'm trying to somehow get audio from a app on my phone to my computer so that I can then put it on broadcastify. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Colton25

Well technically the audio from the app is coming from a radio, however I'm just receiving it over the Internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
You need a radio directly connected to a computer for streaming. The radio is already streaming. Can you use the streaming software to stream to Broadcastify.

Last edited:

Colton25

Ok, I understand. The feed is only available on the app and the audio is amazing, that's why I was wanting to share it

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I understand. The feed is only available on the app and the audio is amazing, that's why I was wanting to share it

What app are you speaking of and what content is the audio?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
A cable from the phone's earphone jack to the computer's line in jack may work, in theory. Your phone would also have to be a dedicated audio device and not able to operate as a phone as well.

I don't think Broadcastify would authorize this since you don't have direct control of the audio being streamed. You can apply but I doubt if it will be approved.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Um.....If it's already on an app, isn't it being streamed? So you want to restream a stream? If you want to share it couldn't it be heard the same way you are hearing it?

Colton25

Due to the feed being in its own app I thought I'd share it with everyone, however it sounds like that's frowned upon. Yes technically I want to restream a stream that nobody would ever know about otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.