Middletown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech792

You answered your own question. New simulcast repeaters and changing the system around. New tentative date is Dec 14.

Tech792

Correct.....pushed up to after Jan 1. Its just about ready but with the holiday now, people off, etc. it was decided to hold off. You might hear some testing next week.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Middletown NJ

"Middletown Twp's new multi-site, simulcasted FD/EMS/PD radio system, now to effective sometime after January 1, 2016"

I have in the DB both the current listing and proposed new listing. Any news yet?
Have they switched to their new plan as of yet? We are at the end of January.

Any updates would be appreciated!

Thanks
Max:cool:

squad1321

"Middletown Twp's new multi-site, simulcasted FD/EMS/PD radio system, now to effective sometime after January 1, 2016"

I have in the DB both the current listing and proposed new listing. Any news yet?
Have they switched to their new plan as of yet? We are at the end of January.

Any updates would be appreciated!

Thanks
Max:cool:

Tech792 can give a better status, but he tells me the contractor is ready to test system "any day now."

Tech792

There has been a few minor issues, which they say have been resolved. ...thats all I can tell you. Should be soon.

timekeeper

Hi everyone.... Hope all is going well in the New Year. Does everyone know if the new system is up & running? Thanks ahead of time. As always happy monitoring. God Bless and all the Best.... 73's

Tech792

Some hardware had to be changed out in the last few weeks which caused more delays. Its now in the final alignment and testing stages. The final phase is to tie in the console which is suppose to be this week. Should be live within a few weeks although no firm cut-over date has been set.

Last edited:

10x

RR is showing a new Pl for fire-ems disp but they seem to still be using 5z, are they soing to switch to the new pl?

squad1321

See Tech792 post from last Monday 2/22:

RR is showing a new Pl for fire-ems disp but they seem to still be using 5z, are they soing to switch to the new pl?

"Some hardware had to be changed out in the last few weeks which caused more delays. Its now in the final alignment and testing stages. The final phase is to tie in the console which is suppose to be this week. Should be live within a few weeks although no firm cut-over date has been set."

40yearvol

There are rumors of Middletown going to county 911. Does anyone have any real info on this? Will 911 calls for Middletown be answered at the county desk and then be relayed to Middletown for local dispatch, or will county take the calls as well as dispatch? I cant see any advantage for county dispatch with the exception of saving money, of course this will be at the expense of delaying call response.

RBFD415

Yes, those rumors are to say the least rampant in the emergency services community. I overheard a conversation recently that this was in the works. I have no idea of the validity. But I can certainly see some major stumbling blocks to doing it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tech792

Next Thursday, there is a new radio system cut-over meeting with the contractor. So the switch should be within the next few weeks. The console tie-in phase was started today and will continue tomorrow.
No comment on the county dispatch subject.

Tech792

On Thursday, March 24th, 9 am, all Police operations will move to PD2 on the new radio system. The goal is to let Police test the new system for a few weeks before officially “flipping the switch”.

Fire Chiefs will begin to use Fire Ops channel during incidents in order to test coverage/functionality.

Assuming no issues, all Fire & EMS operations and PD 1 will go live on Tuesday, April 19th, 9 am.

RELWOB

I'm not an Asbury Park Press subscriber, but there is a headline on the main page that says Middletown is laying off the dispatchers and switching over to county. Didn't read the actual article.

Status
Not open for further replies.