Firmware Upgrade .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpeters1116

I'm trying to update the firmware on a BCD325P2 using BC_Vup_v3. The unit is attached via COMM port 4 which works fine. The issue, when I attempt to run the update the program locks up and I have to ctrl_alt_dlt to cancel the process.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
More information. Operating System? Where in the process does the updater lock up? Does Freescan (or some other software) work? And, anything else that would be useful to diagnose...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Try this:
1) Open a command window.
2) type: ping ftp.uniden.com

You should see something like:
Pinging filekeeper.uniden.com [12.5.107.146] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 12.5.107.146: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=128
Reply from 12.5.107.146: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=128
Reply from 12.5.107.146: bytes=32 time=65ms TTL=128
Reply from 12.5.107.146: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 12.5.107.146:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 7ms, Maximum = 65ms, Average = 22ms

If you see an error like:
Ping request could not find host ftp.uniden.com. Please check the name and try again.

Then something is blocking your connection to the ftp server.

bpeters1116

Question, does the scanner have to be in a "certain" mode? Mine is on and actively scanning as I attempt the update, the Scanning is never interrupted.

Thanks again, Bob

bpeters1116

Thanks all. I hate to throw in the towel and return this unit as everything else works fine, ARC PRO, PROSCAN, FreeSCAN etc. and the unit seems to scan perfectly.
I know this process (firmware upgrade) works fine on my 996p2 using the same PC so I'm guessing (that's dangerous) it's the scanner.

Thanks again, Bob

Voyager

Make sure the cable is plugged in all the way. It's easy to not have it in fully. It might be in far enough to be recognized, but not far enough to work correctly.

bpeters1116

Thanks, I've tried about everything, nothing seems to work. Contrary to what I stated earlier, that the process did work on my 996P2, it actually does the same thing as with the325P2, it doesn't work either.
I did some research on these forums and it appears that the BC-VUP Process does have issues when used on a Win7 64 bit OS, not sure it that's my issue so I'll look for a 32bit OS to try.

Thanks again

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Thanks, I've tried about everything, nothing seems to work. Contrary to what I stated earlier, that the process did work on my 996P2, it actually does the same thing as with the325P2, it doesn't work either.
I did some research on these forums and it appears that the BC-VUP Process does have issues when used on a Win7 64 bit OS, not sure it that's my issue so I'll look for a 32bit OS to try.

Thanks again

My Win 7 64 Bit works fine. Make sure the port on both the scanner and the computer are set to the same BAUD rate.

lsh1885

For what its worth mine works fine but on Windows XP, but I do have to have it search for the right port since I am using a USB cable and it is COM 10.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Reboot your computer and see if it works. You may have to dig into the Windows Event Viewer for clues?

bpeters1116

Issue Solved, my Thanks to all who've helped. The issue, in my case, was with the BC_VUP_3 application. The fix, on the 2nd screen where the COM port is selected, if I have the update detect the COM port it selects the port (COM4) and performs the update as designed. If I enter the COM port (Com4 in my case) it locks up as I previously described.
Again, my thanks to all

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.