BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Sentinel with Provoice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

I am thinking that the X36HP Sentinel will need an update to accommodate the upcoming Provoice capability. What do you think?

garys

Premium Subscriber
The scanner firmware might need to be updated and maybe the database, but I'm not sure that Sentinel itself will need an update. We'll know for sure when the Pro Voice option is released for sale.

Perhaps to allow for support of extended addressing EDACS tg's?

tampatracker

This new update ought to be interesting. I've been using DSDPlus for Pro Voice on my local TG's here with great results, and I want to compare the two head to head when the scanner update becomes available. I will post those results when I get them.

Voyager

There is nothing in Sentinel that needs changed. PV TGs use the same format as analog TGs on EDACS systems. So what would need changed?

The scanner will simply detect digital and decode it, or not detect digital and pass the analog audio.

Voyager

There really isn't any opinion needed. My reply is based purely in fact (that being that analog and PV TGs are the same format, so nothing needs added in Sentinel).

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The scanner firmware might need to be updated and maybe the database, but I'm not sure that Sentinel itself will need an update. We'll know for sure when the Pro Voice option is released for sale.

Uniden did announce that they will publish a standard firmware update that includes several fixes including the "don't hang on boot when USB is connected" that we had intended for the last update, the ability to scan EDACS Extended Addressing systems, and the ability to enter a key to unlock ProVoice decoding.

This is for the scanners not Sentinel.

Last edited:

tampatracker

There really isn't any opinion needed. My reply is based purely in fact (that being that analog and PV TGs are the same format, so nothing needs added in Sentinel).

Thanks for your input, I was also curious what OTHER people might have to to say as well in a discussion type format, not some absolute statement from you which may or may not be completely accurate, but is far from the end of what anyone else may or may not have to say.

Last edited:

tampatracker

Uniden did announce that they will publish a standard firmware update that includes several fixes including the "don't hang on boot when USB is connected" that we had intended for the last update, the ability to scan EDACS Extended Addressing systems, and the ability to enter a key to unlock ProVoice decoding.

This is for the scanners not Sentinel.

Got it, thank you for that info

mitbr

This new update ought to be interesting. I've been using DSDPlus for Pro Voice on my local TG's here with great results, and I want to compare the two head to head when the scanner update becomes available. I will post those results when I get them.

Can you confirm that the Hillsborough county sheriff and Tampa pd is NOT encrypted on there digital provoice talkgroups are you hearing them on dsd?

When you get a chance I have PMd you!
Tim

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.