Anyone within range of Jefferson County have a Phase II scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a Phase II TDMA scanner in listening range of Jefferson County Missouri on the Slater system?A little birdie dropped in my ear that law dispatch is not encrypted but on phase II and thats why we can't hear them on our phase I scanners.Any verification of this would be greatly appreciated before I drop the dough for a new scanner

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
Would this differentiate from the phase I traffic on the system?as fire and some other tg's are audible on Phase I

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I created an X2/TDMA system type favorite that only contains Jeffco's South Site 104 and its known TGs. I cannot get a good signal from the north site 105.

I still hear the Phase I TGs but I have not heard any in the clear LAW type comms at all.
Pro96com has not shown me that they are using Phase II at the moment for anything either. Everything that was encrypted is still encrypted.

Perhaps they are testing Phase II during the week but have turned it off for now as I'm sure not logging any P2 traffic.

I hear the same traffic as I hear on the system programmed as a P25 site on another radio.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I have a family member who also happens to be a scanner enthusiast. He lives near Pevely, and has confirmed (via Pro96com) that Jefferson County Law Comms are still full crypto.

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
Okay thanks,didn't know if it was true as the person who told me this is not knowledgeable in communication terminology but told me someone in the dispatch center told him that.Want to make sure before I dropped that kind of money to hear 3 tg's.I don't get anything here around Fenton off the Jeffco sites,only the St.Louis urban south cc as far as Jeffco tg's

jaydigga

Premium Subscriber
Fully encrypted...will be staying that way. Also Arnold is coming over to Jeffco 911 in February

Status
Not open for further replies.