WS1080 (and variants) scan order

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Can the scan order of the trunk systems be manipulated? For example, if I have System A, B & C, can I make it so it Scans C first, then A then B?

With the Uniden HP series, I can change the favorite list order so that I can choose what gets scanned first, in fact you can do this on the talkgroup level as well within a system, however with these radios we have the trunk systems listed on 1 tab, then we have the scan lists and scan sets.

Does the scanning actually follow the scan list or scan set or does it follow some other logic?

SCPD

QRT
Ws1080

Mine follows the scanlists,you can even put a number in front of each town and watch as it cascades down the screen from top to bottom.
Ezscan you would change your ScanList order if you wanted to,it
The scanlists dont move,you would have to move the frequencies or the systems to the new scanlist.Aka if I wanted to move Nutley NJ 1 to scanlist 170 I would just tick the box off in ezscan then resend to the scanner.You would have to rename the scanlist to reflect the town.
The 1080 to me works like the 436HP,I had both at one time,I ditched the 436 for the 1080 and kept that,the screen was easier to read.
I raced em and they pretty much scanned the same.The 436HP had an advantage with ClosecallDND and PriorityDND.
RadioWise I choose the 1080 better sensitivity.Im from NJ as well.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I never thought to number the scanlists, that is a good idea. I will have to run some tests.

I was trying to set it up so it would hit the NJICS system before the NJSP 800, so if the talkgroup was active on the 700 side, it would likely hit that first. Thanks for the tip.

SCPD

QRT
If you use Butel's software you may find that the scanlists go out of order for no reason,so just a headsup on that.I had my 436HP all numbered nice and thank god I backed up before I modified!It was all messed up.I ended up fixing it with Sentinel,
I like it in numerical order.The 1080 never goes out of order.Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.